Politicians condemn Z+ security cover for BJP leader Sangeet Som
New Delhi: Several political leaders have questioned the NDA Government`s move to provide Z+ security cover to BJP MLA Sangeet Som, who is an accused in the Muzzafarnagar riots case.
According to reports, the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has decided to grant such security to Som.
Congress spokesperson Manish Tewari said, "This is very uncanny about this government that the people who actually suffered in the riots do not have a shelter above their heads, and those who are supposed to be responsible for these riots, are being provided Z+ security. What can be more painful than this for the sufferers of the riots".
Another Congress leader Rashid Alvi said, "See, I am surprised at how a person against whom there is an FIR for communal violence is provided with Z+ security. Those who are the reason for the riots are being provided security and those who are the victims are without shelter. I condemn this."
Tariq Anwar of Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) said, "How can a person who plays with the feelings of a community, and thereby, creates communal tension, be provided with Z+ security. This kind of thing can only happen during the rule of the BJP."
Som was arrested last year for his alleged role in uploading a fake video that reportedly created communal tension in Muzaffarnagar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Rock stars and celebrities react with dismay to Brexit
- WATCH: How AAP MLA Dinesh Mohaniya was arrested by Delhi Police amidst high drama during press conference
- BJP president Amit Shah sounds poll bugle in Uttarakhand; slams Congress, Harish Rawat
- IIFA 2016: Why should Oscars become benchmark to celebrate Indian cinema, asks Anupam Kher
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues