Poll code violation case against BSP
Muzaffarnagar: A case of violation of model code of conduct for the Lok Sabha polls was registered against BSP here on Friday for allegedly distributing food packets to voters during an election rally at Chapar village in the district.
The case was registered with the police against Vikas Kumar, BSP incharge of the Purkazi assembly constituency, Additional District Magistrate Inder Mani Tripathi said.
He has been charged with distributing food packets to more than 2,500 voters who attended the meeting on March 9 in support of party candidate Malook Nagar nominated from Bijnore Lok Sabha constituency.
A show-cause notice was issued to the party on March 10 in this regard, but since the administration was not satisfied with its reply, a complaint was registered, Tripathi said.
Purkazi assembly (reserve) constituency is included in the Bijnore Lok Sabha seat.
Several BSP leaders, including Nagar, MLC Lokesh Parjapati, MLA Anil Kumar, party coordinater Perdeep Saini, participated in the meeting.
The meeting was held at Jai Bharat Inter College after taking permission. But?BSP organiser violated the prohibitory orders by distributing lunch packets to influence the voters, Tripathi said.
In another incident, nearly 3000 t-shirts with Modi pictures were seized by the district authorities?from a car from Delhi, police said.
A party activist was questioned, but he failed to explain it, they said.
Also, two persons have been found operating `Modi tea stall`.
District authorities have issued notices against two persons for organising the stalls without permission, Tripathi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack