Power cable damaged, train services hit in UP
Lucknow: The movement of several long distance trains were affected along the busy Delhi-Chennai route after an overhead power cable was damaged in Uttar Pradesh`s Jhansi district, an official said on Saturday.
At least 10 trains, including the Chennai-New Delhi Rajdhani Express, came to a halt near the Khajraha railway station, where the power cable snapped in the morning. Khajraha is some 300 km from here.
"We are yet to establish the reason behind the cable damage. It would be known only after an enquiry," Divisional Railway Manager (Jhansi Division) Ashok Gupta told reporters.
"Efforts are under way to resume normal operations along the rail route," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores