Ghaziabad: A fire Monday broke out in a
distributing power house in Nehru Nagar area here gutting machines which lead to a par crisis, fire brigade officials
The blaze was reported from the powerhouse early this
morning and the four fire-tenders were rushed to the spot,
which doused the fire after five hours, they said.
All the machineries and other valuable goods were
gutted in fire which caused the electricity crisis in the
city, they said.
There were, however, no reports of injuries, the
officials said, adding that short-circuit was the cause for
The power house provides 400 KW of electricity in the
area, they added.