Power theft detected at ex-UP minister`s mill, petrol pump
Bareilly (UP): Power theft was detected
at petrol pump and rice mill owned by a former state minister
and senior BJP leader during a raid by vigilance team of the
electricity department, official sources said on Sunday.
During the yesterday`s raid at the petrol pump and
rice mill owned by BJP state vice-president Dharmpal Singh, it
was found that power was being supplied directly from a
transformer by connecting three wires in Guldia Gaurishanker
village, they said.
The petrol pump employees fled from the spot when the
The vigilance team, which carried out the raid for
almost two hours, slapped a fine of Rs 50,000 on the owner of
petrol pump and rice mill, they said.
When contacted, Singh, who was Minister of State for
Labour in Rajnath Singh`s government, said that some employee
had used `katia` (an illegal method) connection and he was not
aware of it.
The former minister said that the fine has been
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan