Power theft detected at ex-UP minister`s mill, petrol pump
Bareilly (UP): Power theft was detected
at petrol pump and rice mill owned by a former state minister
and senior BJP leader during a raid by vigilance team of the
electricity department, official sources said on Sunday.
During the yesterday`s raid at the petrol pump and
rice mill owned by BJP state vice-president Dharmpal Singh, it
was found that power was being supplied directly from a
transformer by connecting three wires in Guldia Gaurishanker
village, they said.
The petrol pump employees fled from the spot when the
The vigilance team, which carried out the raid for
almost two hours, slapped a fine of Rs 50,000 on the owner of
petrol pump and rice mill, they said.
When contacted, Singh, who was Minister of State for
Labour in Rajnath Singh`s government, said that some employee
had used `katia` (an illegal method) connection and he was not
aware of it.
The former minister said that the fine has been
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!