PPS officers suspended on charges of polygamy
Lucknow: A Provincial Police officer (PPS) has been suspended by the Uttar Pradesh government on charges of polygamy.
Kalyan Singh, posted as Deputy Superintendent of Police in CBCID department was suspended after in an inquiry found him guilty of polygamy, Secretary, Home, RN Upadhyay told reporters here.
One Sandhya Singh had complained against Singh following which an inquiry was held which found that he was allegedly married to three women.
Singh first got married to one Chandrawati but he posed as a bachelor and later married Sandhya Singh.
However, Sandhya Singh found that he was already married and moved a petition in the court charging him with fraud and harassment.
During the course of the probe, it was also found that Singh had also married one Asama Singh of Mathura.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him