PPS officers suspended on charges of polygamy
Lucknow: A Provincial Police officer (PPS) has been suspended by the Uttar Pradesh government on charges of polygamy.
Kalyan Singh, posted as Deputy Superintendent of Police in CBCID department was suspended after in an inquiry found him guilty of polygamy, Secretary, Home, RN Upadhyay told reporters here.
One Sandhya Singh had complained against Singh following which an inquiry was held which found that he was allegedly married to three women.
Singh first got married to one Chandrawati but he posed as a bachelor and later married Sandhya Singh.
However, Sandhya Singh found that he was already married and moved a petition in the court charging him with fraud and harassment.
During the course of the probe, it was also found that Singh had also married one Asama Singh of Mathura.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried