PPS officers suspended on charges of polygamy
Lucknow: A Provincial Police officer (PPS) has been suspended by the Uttar Pradesh government on charges of polygamy.
Kalyan Singh, posted as Deputy Superintendent of Police in CBCID department was suspended after in an inquiry found him guilty of polygamy, Secretary, Home, RN Upadhyay told reporters here.
One Sandhya Singh had complained against Singh following which an inquiry was held which found that he was allegedly married to three women.
Singh first got married to one Chandrawati but he posed as a bachelor and later married Sandhya Singh.
However, Sandhya Singh found that he was already married and moved a petition in the court charging him with fraud and harassment.
During the course of the probe, it was also found that Singh had also married one Asama Singh of Mathura.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details