PPS officers suspended on charges of polygamy
Lucknow: A Provincial Police officer (PPS) has been suspended by the Uttar Pradesh government on charges of polygamy.
Kalyan Singh, posted as Deputy Superintendent of Police in CBCID department was suspended after in an inquiry found him guilty of polygamy, Secretary, Home, RN Upadhyay told reporters here.
One Sandhya Singh had complained against Singh following which an inquiry was held which found that he was allegedly married to three women.
Singh first got married to one Chandrawati but he posed as a bachelor and later married Sandhya Singh.
However, Sandhya Singh found that he was already married and moved a petition in the court charging him with fraud and harassment.
During the course of the probe, it was also found that Singh had also married one Asama Singh of Mathura.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- `IS child bomber` behind Turkey wedding blast, claims President
- Welshman Gareth Bale fires Real Madrid past Real Sociadad 3-0 in the opening encounter
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon