PPS officers suspended on charges of polygamy
Lucknow: A Provincial Police officer (PPS) has been suspended by the Uttar Pradesh government on charges of polygamy.
Kalyan Singh, posted as Deputy Superintendent of Police in CBCID department was suspended after in an inquiry found him guilty of polygamy, Secretary, Home, RN Upadhyay told reporters here.
One Sandhya Singh had complained against Singh following which an inquiry was held which found that he was allegedly married to three women.
Singh first got married to one Chandrawati but he posed as a bachelor and later married Sandhya Singh.
However, Sandhya Singh found that he was already married and moved a petition in the court charging him with fraud and harassment.
During the course of the probe, it was also found that Singh had also married one Asama Singh of Mathura.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi