Pre-activated SIM cards racket busted in Kanpur
Kanpur: Police on Sunday claim to have busted a bogus SIM card racket of selling pre-activated SIM cards issued on fake identity proofs with the arrest of two persons.
On a tip off, police raided Chamanganj of Sisamou area and arrested two accused Jainul and Hasan for gathering SIM cards on the basis of fake identity cards, recovering 555 pre-activated SIM cards of various service providers without proper registration, Kanpur SSP Yashasvi Yadav said.
Apart from this, the police also recovered Rs 8,730 cash and 32 fake identity cards from the duo, he said.
Yadav said the duo used to sell the unregistered activated SIM cards at a higher price in the market. It is also suspected that the SIM cards have been used by criminals.
A case under various sections of the IPC has been registered against the duo and investigation is on to ascertain who all have been given the SIM cards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army kills 35 terrorists in surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’