Pre-activated SIM cards racket busted in Kanpur
Kanpur: Police on Sunday claim to have busted a bogus SIM card racket of selling pre-activated SIM cards issued on fake identity proofs with the arrest of two persons.
On a tip off, police raided Chamanganj of Sisamou area and arrested two accused Jainul and Hasan for gathering SIM cards on the basis of fake identity cards, recovering 555 pre-activated SIM cards of various service providers without proper registration, Kanpur SSP Yashasvi Yadav said.
Apart from this, the police also recovered Rs 8,730 cash and 32 fake identity cards from the duo, he said.
Yadav said the duo used to sell the unregistered activated SIM cards at a higher price in the market. It is also suspected that the SIM cards have been used by criminals.
A case under various sections of the IPC has been registered against the duo and investigation is on to ascertain who all have been given the SIM cards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon