Pre-activated SIM cards racket busted in Kanpur
Kanpur: Police on Sunday claim to have busted a bogus SIM card racket of selling pre-activated SIM cards issued on fake identity proofs with the arrest of two persons.
On a tip off, police raided Chamanganj of Sisamou area and arrested two accused Jainul and Hasan for gathering SIM cards on the basis of fake identity cards, recovering 555 pre-activated SIM cards of various service providers without proper registration, Kanpur SSP Yashasvi Yadav said.
Apart from this, the police also recovered Rs 8,730 cash and 32 fake identity cards from the duo, he said.
Yadav said the duo used to sell the unregistered activated SIM cards at a higher price in the market. It is also suspected that the SIM cards have been used by criminals.
A case under various sections of the IPC has been registered against the duo and investigation is on to ascertain who all have been given the SIM cards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH