Pre-activated SIM cards racket busted in Kanpur
Kanpur: Police on Sunday claim to have busted a bogus SIM card racket of selling pre-activated SIM cards issued on fake identity proofs with the arrest of two persons.
On a tip off, police raided Chamanganj of Sisamou area and arrested two accused Jainul and Hasan for gathering SIM cards on the basis of fake identity cards, recovering 555 pre-activated SIM cards of various service providers without proper registration, Kanpur SSP Yashasvi Yadav said.
Apart from this, the police also recovered Rs 8,730 cash and 32 fake identity cards from the duo, he said.
Yadav said the duo used to sell the unregistered activated SIM cards at a higher price in the market. It is also suspected that the SIM cards have been used by criminals.
A case under various sections of the IPC has been registered against the duo and investigation is on to ascertain who all have been given the SIM cards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella India visit: Talks of transformative role of apps and services to come
- MEA official meets deceased Congolese national's family
- Good news for Rail Passengers! No service charge on ticket booked through card from June 1
- Japan keen to invest in India’s infrastructure growth story: Finance Minister
- People have figured out: Liam Hemsworth on reunion with Miley