Pregnant married woman killed over dowry by in-laws
Sambhal: A pregnant married woman was allegedly killed by her in-laws over dowry in Hayat Nagar area here, police said on Friday.
Roopwati`s (25) in-laws allegedly sprinkled kerosene oil on her and set her ablaze yesterday as her family members could not meet their dowry demands, they said.
She was rushed to a hospital in serious condition where the victim died during treatment.
On a complaint by victim`s father Veerpal, an FIR has been registered against her husband Munesh, father-in-law Bhure, mother-in-law Katori Devi and sister-in-law Urmila, they said.
None of the accused could be arrested so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam