Pregnant married woman killed over dowry by in-laws
Sambhal: A pregnant married woman was allegedly killed by her in-laws over dowry in Hayat Nagar area here, police said on Friday.
Roopwati`s (25) in-laws allegedly sprinkled kerosene oil on her and set her ablaze yesterday as her family members could not meet their dowry demands, they said.
She was rushed to a hospital in serious condition where the victim died during treatment.
On a complaint by victim`s father Veerpal, an FIR has been registered against her husband Munesh, father-in-law Bhure, mother-in-law Katori Devi and sister-in-law Urmila, they said.
None of the accused could be arrested so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’