Pregnant married woman killed over dowry by in-laws
Sambhal: A pregnant married woman was allegedly killed by her in-laws over dowry in Hayat Nagar area here, police said on Friday.
Roopwati`s (25) in-laws allegedly sprinkled kerosene oil on her and set her ablaze yesterday as her family members could not meet their dowry demands, they said.
She was rushed to a hospital in serious condition where the victim died during treatment.
On a complaint by victim`s father Veerpal, an FIR has been registered against her husband Munesh, father-in-law Bhure, mother-in-law Katori Devi and sister-in-law Urmila, they said.
None of the accused could be arrested so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi