Pregnant woman murdered by husband in UP
Bijnor: A pregnant woman was allegedly murdered by her husband who slit her throat with a knife, police said Saturday.
According to police, the accused, Arvind, yesterday took his 23-year-old wife Hemlata, to Nurpur Marg on the pretext of driving her to her parents` house and killed her.
The crime came to light at a checkpost near Agri village when police noticed blood stains on the accused`s hand and found the seriously wounded Hemlata inside his car.
The accused claimed that unidentified assailants had attacked his wife and wounded her following which police personnel took them to the district hospital for treatment where Hemlata was declared brought dead.
It was during interrogations that the accused finally confessed to the crime citing domestic discord.
Police said that Hemlata, who was almost eight-months pregnant, had married Arvind in February this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state