Pregnant woman murdered by husband in UP
Bijnor: A pregnant woman was allegedly murdered by her husband who slit her throat with a knife, police said Saturday.
According to police, the accused, Arvind, yesterday took his 23-year-old wife Hemlata, to Nurpur Marg on the pretext of driving her to her parents` house and killed her.
The crime came to light at a checkpost near Agri village when police noticed blood stains on the accused`s hand and found the seriously wounded Hemlata inside his car.
The accused claimed that unidentified assailants had attacked his wife and wounded her following which police personnel took them to the district hospital for treatment where Hemlata was declared brought dead.
It was during interrogations that the accused finally confessed to the crime citing domestic discord.
Police said that Hemlata, who was almost eight-months pregnant, had married Arvind in February this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’