Pregnant woman refused admission, delivers baby in car
Noida: A pregnant woman, whose family failed
to give Rs 12,000 in lieu of five units of blood, was turned
away by a Uttar Pradesh government hospital here, after which
she delivered the baby in a car which was taking her to
Sangita Devi was refused admission when she had come to
the district hospital along with mother-in-law Kiran Devi as
the hospital doctors had allegedly asked for five unit blood
As her family had no money, they went back and on the
way she developed labour pain.
A man took them in a car to another hospital but she
delivered the baby on the way.
District Magistrate Deepak Aggarwal ordered an inquiry
into the hospital`s refusal to admit the woman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre