Pregnant woman thrashed, paraded naked in UP
Lucknow: A group of locals thrashed a pregnant woman and paraded her naked through a village in Uttar Pradesh after she objected to encroachment on her land, police said on Monday.
The incident took place Sunday evening at Karnawala village in Bijnor district, about 400 km from Lucknow.
Of the four people who were primarily behind the incident, two have been arrested, police said.
"In the incident, the woman suffered a miscarriage. She is undergoing treatment at a hospital," police inspector Rajesh Kumar Gautam told reporters.
According to police, some residents of the village wanted to occupy a plot that belonged to the 25-year-old woman`s husband. They started to set up a makeshift establishment on the plot on Sunday.
When the woman, who was alone at home, protested, the encroachers barged into her residence. They hit her with wooden sticks, dragged her by the hair and stripped her, police added.
"Efforts are on to nab the other villagers involved in the incident," said Guatam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?