Pregnant woman thrashed, paraded naked in UP
Lucknow: A group of locals thrashed a pregnant woman and paraded her naked through a village in Uttar Pradesh after she objected to encroachment on her land, police said on Monday.
The incident took place Sunday evening at Karnawala village in Bijnor district, about 400 km from Lucknow.
Of the four people who were primarily behind the incident, two have been arrested, police said.
"In the incident, the woman suffered a miscarriage. She is undergoing treatment at a hospital," police inspector Rajesh Kumar Gautam told reporters.
According to police, some residents of the village wanted to occupy a plot that belonged to the 25-year-old woman`s husband. They started to set up a makeshift establishment on the plot on Sunday.
When the woman, who was alone at home, protested, the encroachers barged into her residence. They hit her with wooden sticks, dragged her by the hair and stripped her, police added.
"Efforts are on to nab the other villagers involved in the incident," said Guatam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!