Pregnant woman thrashed, paraded naked in UP
Lucknow: A group of locals thrashed a pregnant woman and paraded her naked through a village in Uttar Pradesh after she objected to encroachment on her land, police said on Monday.
The incident took place Sunday evening at Karnawala village in Bijnor district, about 400 km from Lucknow.
Of the four people who were primarily behind the incident, two have been arrested, police said.
"In the incident, the woman suffered a miscarriage. She is undergoing treatment at a hospital," police inspector Rajesh Kumar Gautam told reporters.
According to police, some residents of the village wanted to occupy a plot that belonged to the 25-year-old woman`s husband. They started to set up a makeshift establishment on the plot on Sunday.
When the woman, who was alone at home, protested, the encroachers barged into her residence. They hit her with wooden sticks, dragged her by the hair and stripped her, police added.
"Efforts are on to nab the other villagers involved in the incident," said Guatam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state