Presidential poll: SP to await UPA, NDA choices
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party (SP) supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav Saturday said that his party would "open its cards" on the presidential election only after the ruling United Progressive Alliance (UPA) and the opposition National Democratic Alliance (NDA) announce their candidates.
Mulayam Singh made his stand clear while addressing party workers at the party office here.
He also praised the work so far of the state government led by his son Akhilesh Yadav and asserted that in days to come, the government would work more vigorously for the development of the state and welfare of the people.
Mulayam Singh assured the party workers and supporters from the minority community that the state government would implement the Sachar Committee and Ranganath Mishra Commission recommendations.
He told party workers not to get involved in transfers and postings of officials and rather highlight the problems faced by people and get these redressed by the officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre