Preventive action against 20 people for breach
Muzaffarnagar: Apprehending breach of peace,
police has made 20 people sign a bond as a preventive measure
after a diktat of social boycott of a boy`s family was passed
by a panchayat for marrying a same gotra girl at Haidernagar
in the district here.
Tension prevailed in the village following the panchayat`s
decision following which all precautionary measures are being
taken to prevent any untoward situation, police said.
Meanwhile, preventive action under section 107/16 of CrPC
against 20 people have been taken, they said.
The section invites police action against a person for
anticipated "breach of peace".
On Monday, a community panchayat had ordered villagers to
socially boycott the family of a boy, who had eloped and
married a girl of the same gotra, in Haiderpur village in the
Following the panchayat`s order, the boy Nitu`s family was
banned from collecting water from public hand pump and
purchasing commodities from local grocery shops.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- Mulayam, Akhilesh scared of me; not allowing Muslim leaders in SP to speak up, alleges Asaduddin Owaisi