Preventive action against 20 people for breach
Muzaffarnagar: Apprehending breach of peace,
police has made 20 people sign a bond as a preventive measure
after a diktat of social boycott of a boy`s family was passed
by a panchayat for marrying a same gotra girl at Haidernagar
in the district here.
Tension prevailed in the village following the panchayat`s
decision following which all precautionary measures are being
taken to prevent any untoward situation, police said.
Meanwhile, preventive action under section 107/16 of CrPC
against 20 people have been taken, they said.
The section invites police action against a person for
anticipated "breach of peace".
On Monday, a community panchayat had ordered villagers to
socially boycott the family of a boy, who had eloped and
married a girl of the same gotra, in Haiderpur village in the
Following the panchayat`s order, the boy Nitu`s family was
banned from collecting water from public hand pump and
purchasing commodities from local grocery shops.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players