Priest detained for raping teenage sisters
Saharanpur: A priest has been taken into custody here after a complaint by the mother of two teenage girls that he allegedly raped them while they were working as domestic helps.
According to Superintendent of Police (rural) Dharamvir Singh, the FIR was registered in Roorkee area of Haridwar and was later transferred to Sadar Bazar police station here.
The son of the priest and his three friends are also named in the case.
In the complaint, it was alleged that the priest employed the two girls from Roorkee as domestic helps and brought them here.
Later, when the younger of the two returned to Roorkee, she complained to her family about the priest following which the elder sister, who was in Saharanpur, was rescued by the police.
Probe into the matter is on, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bernie Sanders says Hillary Clinton `must become` next US president
- GST deadlock: Arun Jaitley to meet state finance ministers today
- Olympic Village repairs could take all week: Brazil
- Wayne Rooney still key to England plans, says Sam Allardyce
- Maharashtra ATS identifies 270 URLs showing IS activities, asks Centre to block them