Priest detained for raping teenage sisters
Saharanpur: A priest has been taken into custody here after a complaint by the mother of two teenage girls that he allegedly raped them while they were working as domestic helps.
According to Superintendent of Police (rural) Dharamvir Singh, the FIR was registered in Roorkee area of Haridwar and was later transferred to Sadar Bazar police station here.
The son of the priest and his three friends are also named in the case.
In the complaint, it was alleged that the priest employed the two girls from Roorkee as domestic helps and brought them here.
Later, when the younger of the two returned to Roorkee, she complained to her family about the priest following which the elder sister, who was in Saharanpur, was rescued by the police.
Probe into the matter is on, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Some parties trying to create anti-Centre sentiment, says Venkaiah Naidu
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog