Priest detained for raping teenage sisters
Saharanpur: A priest has been taken into custody here after a complaint by the mother of two teenage girls that he allegedly raped them while they were working as domestic helps.
According to Superintendent of Police (rural) Dharamvir Singh, the FIR was registered in Roorkee area of Haridwar and was later transferred to Sadar Bazar police station here.
The son of the priest and his three friends are also named in the case.
In the complaint, it was alleged that the priest employed the two girls from Roorkee as domestic helps and brought them here.
Later, when the younger of the two returned to Roorkee, she complained to her family about the priest following which the elder sister, who was in Saharanpur, was rescued by the police.
Probe into the matter is on, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire