Prime accused arrested in Ghaziabad rape and murder case
Ghaziabad: Police on Tuesday arrested the prime accused in the alleged rape and murder of a six-year-old girl in Subash Nagar area of the district last week.
Describing the modus-operandi of the crime, SSP Prashant Kumar said on January 9, accused Ravi, who is a friend of victim`s father, had taken the girl to the market on the pretext of getting her some eatables.
However Ravi, a drug addict, took the girl to a secluded place, where he raped and fatally struck her with a brick, Kumar said.
He told police that he was in an inebriated condition when he committed the crime, Kumar said.
Post-mortem report of the girl, whose body was found on January 10 on the Nandgram-Sihani Road, had confirmed she was raped before being murdered.
The incident had sparked violent protests in the area, resulting in injuries to several people, including policemen.
BJP leader and local MP Rajnath Singh had also visited the victim`s family after the incident.
Kumar said the accused also had taken part in the protest to evade suspicion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!