Prime accused arrested in Ghaziabad rape and murder case
Ghaziabad: Police on Tuesday arrested the prime accused in the alleged rape and murder of a six-year-old girl in Subash Nagar area of the district last week.
Describing the modus-operandi of the crime, SSP Prashant Kumar said on January 9, accused Ravi, who is a friend of victim`s father, had taken the girl to the market on the pretext of getting her some eatables.
However Ravi, a drug addict, took the girl to a secluded place, where he raped and fatally struck her with a brick, Kumar said.
He told police that he was in an inebriated condition when he committed the crime, Kumar said.
Post-mortem report of the girl, whose body was found on January 10 on the Nandgram-Sihani Road, had confirmed she was raped before being murdered.
The incident had sparked violent protests in the area, resulting in injuries to several people, including policemen.
BJP leader and local MP Rajnath Singh had also visited the victim`s family after the incident.
Kumar said the accused also had taken part in the protest to evade suspicion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!