Principal booked for thrashing student in UP
Lucknow: The principal of a government-run primary school in Uttar Pradesh`s Hathras district has been booked for brutally thrashing a class one girl student that left her needing eight stitches on the head, police said Thursday.
The girl`s fault was that she shouted while the mid-day meal was being served to the students.
The incident took place Wednesday afternoon at the Naglamauji Primary School in Sehpur town but the case against the erring principal Hari Singh was registered Thursday on a compliant registered by the student`s parents.
Jyoti Kumari, the victim, is still being treated at a hospital and is stated to be out of danger, police said.
"Hari Singh is absconding. Efforts are on to nab him," police inspector Praveen Kumar told reporters in Hathras, some 300 km from Lucknow.
"Preliminary investigations reveal Jyoti was unaware of the presence of the principal at the time of the distribution of the mid-day meal," he said.
"As Hari Singh heard Jyoti shouting, he started beating her with a wooden stick. He also banged her head against the wall several times," he added.
Police have detained some officials of the primary school in order to ascertain the whereabouts of the principal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends