Principal booked for thrashing student in UP
Lucknow: The principal of a government-run primary school in Uttar Pradesh`s Hathras district has been booked for brutally thrashing a class one girl student that left her needing eight stitches on the head, police said Thursday.
The girl`s fault was that she shouted while the mid-day meal was being served to the students.
The incident took place Wednesday afternoon at the Naglamauji Primary School in Sehpur town but the case against the erring principal Hari Singh was registered Thursday on a compliant registered by the student`s parents.
Jyoti Kumari, the victim, is still being treated at a hospital and is stated to be out of danger, police said.
"Hari Singh is absconding. Efforts are on to nab him," police inspector Praveen Kumar told reporters in Hathras, some 300 km from Lucknow.
"Preliminary investigations reveal Jyoti was unaware of the presence of the principal at the time of the distribution of the mid-day meal," he said.
"As Hari Singh heard Jyoti shouting, he started beating her with a wooden stick. He also banged her head against the wall several times," he added.
Police have detained some officials of the primary school in order to ascertain the whereabouts of the principal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88
- AugustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: None will be spared, asserts Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar