Principal booked for thrashing student in UP
Lucknow: The principal of a government-run primary school in Uttar Pradesh`s Hathras district has been booked for brutally thrashing a class one girl student that left her needing eight stitches on the head, police said Thursday.
The girl`s fault was that she shouted while the mid-day meal was being served to the students.
The incident took place Wednesday afternoon at the Naglamauji Primary School in Sehpur town but the case against the erring principal Hari Singh was registered Thursday on a compliant registered by the student`s parents.
Jyoti Kumari, the victim, is still being treated at a hospital and is stated to be out of danger, police said.
"Hari Singh is absconding. Efforts are on to nab him," police inspector Praveen Kumar told reporters in Hathras, some 300 km from Lucknow.
"Preliminary investigations reveal Jyoti was unaware of the presence of the principal at the time of the distribution of the mid-day meal," he said.
"As Hari Singh heard Jyoti shouting, he started beating her with a wooden stick. He also banged her head against the wall several times," he added.
Police have detained some officials of the primary school in order to ascertain the whereabouts of the principal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees