Principal molests girl student in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: The principal of a private school has been accused of molesting a Class 9 girl student in Uttar Pradesh`s Mau district, police said on Saturday.
U.M. Montessori principal Pramod Kumar Gaur, 45, on Friday called the 14-year-old girl to his office and forced her to sit on his lap. Gaur molested her and threatened her with dire consequences if she told anyone about the incident, police said.
"When the girl`s parents came to know about the incident, they, along with others, barged into Guar`s office but he managed to escape from the school," police inspector Y.P. Singh told a news service.
"On the direction of the district police chief, we registered a complaint against the principal on Saturday. In order to know Gaur`s whereabouts, we have detained a few senior staff members of the school who are believed to be close to him," he added.
Mau is about 250 km from Lucknow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured