Prisoner and guard fall sick after consuming poisoned tea
Meerut: Three persons including a prisoner and a constable guarding him were taken ill after allegedly drinking intoxicated tea served by a female relative of the prisoner, police said today.
Sandeep (30), arrested in a robbery case last week, and constable Vijaypal fell ill yesterday, after they consumed posion laced tea, police said today.
As per the sequence of events, Sandeep was arrested from Muzaffarnagar and sent to jail on April 3. However, a day later he was shifted to the Medical college here after he suffered a fracture in his leg, police said, adding, Vijaypal was deployed to guard him.
A 55-year-old woman, relative of Sandeep, was taking care of him and is said to be the accused behind the incident, they said, adding, the woman is absconding since then.
Govind, another patient in the hospital, was also taken ill after he consumed the tea.
However, police could not establish any intent of the woman behind the act saying if the woman wanted to flee the prisoner she would have given poison only to the guard and not to Sandeep.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city