Prisoner and guard fall sick after consuming poisoned tea
Meerut: Three persons including a prisoner and a constable guarding him were taken ill after allegedly drinking intoxicated tea served by a female relative of the prisoner, police said today.
Sandeep (30), arrested in a robbery case last week, and constable Vijaypal fell ill yesterday, after they consumed posion laced tea, police said today.
As per the sequence of events, Sandeep was arrested from Muzaffarnagar and sent to jail on April 3. However, a day later he was shifted to the Medical college here after he suffered a fracture in his leg, police said, adding, Vijaypal was deployed to guard him.
A 55-year-old woman, relative of Sandeep, was taking care of him and is said to be the accused behind the incident, they said, adding, the woman is absconding since then.
Govind, another patient in the hospital, was also taken ill after he consumed the tea.
However, police could not establish any intent of the woman behind the act saying if the woman wanted to flee the prisoner she would have given poison only to the guard and not to Sandeep.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you