Prisoner escapes from police custody
Bijnore: A prisoner escaped from police custody after throwing chili powder into the eyes of a police constable here.
The criminal, who was taken from the District Jail to a court for hearing, threw chili powder into the eyes of constable Veer Pal Yadav and sped away in a motorbike which had been kept running for him nearby by his gang members yesterday.
The constable was taking the prisoner to the police lock up in the court compound after the hearing.
Superintendent of Police Sunil Chand Vajpaee today said police teams have been formed to trace him.
The prisoner, Vipin, has 13 criminal cases registered against him including murder, loot, dacoity and rioting.
He had been behind bars since May 31 in a petrol pump loot case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa passes away after suffering cardiac arrest; Panneerselvam takes oath as new CM of Tamil Nadu
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest