Prisoner escapes from police custody
Bijnore: A prisoner escaped from police custody after throwing chili powder into the eyes of a police constable here.
The criminal, who was taken from the District Jail to a court for hearing, threw chili powder into the eyes of constable Veer Pal Yadav and sped away in a motorbike which had been kept running for him nearby by his gang members yesterday.
The constable was taking the prisoner to the police lock up in the court compound after the hearing.
Superintendent of Police Sunil Chand Vajpaee today said police teams have been formed to trace him.
The prisoner, Vipin, has 13 criminal cases registered against him including murder, loot, dacoity and rioting.
He had been behind bars since May 31 in a petrol pump loot case.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: Rare CCTV video of Ajmal Kasab and other terrorists of 26/11 Mumbai attacks
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate