Priyanka Gandhi arrives in Rae Bareli
Rae Bareli: Congress star campaigner Priyanka Gandhi on Monday arrived here on a two-day visit to the Lok Sabha constituency of her mother Sonia Gandhi, where she visited a number of villages and held one-to-one contact with people.
Continuing her mass contact programme, Priyanka visited as many as 18 rural hamlets, met village women in their households and had her lunch in the open at a field, party sources said.
She also made a visit to some other households, including those of people belonging to the Dalit community, they said.
Priyanka visited Shivgarh and Mahrajganj blocks of Bachrawan Vidhan Sabha segment, and held chaupals to know about the problems of the villagers, they said.
She also reviewed functioning of a solar water pump in Osah village and took part in a chaupal in Rampur Khas.
Throughout her tour, mediapersons were kept at a distance by the SPG personnel deployed in Priyanka`s security.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Union Cabinet clears Surrogacy (Regulation) Bill, 2016 – Know the new rules
- 6.8 magnitude earthquake hits Myanmar; tremors felt in northeast, Kolkata, Patna, Guwahati
- Did OP Jaisha lie about official apathy in Rio? Here is her co-runner's version
- Can bear body odour, not bad breath: Ranveer Singh
- Tamil actor Vijay's father undergoes surgery after fall