Priyanka Gandhi arrives in Rae Bareli
Rae Bareli: Congress star campaigner Priyanka Gandhi on Monday arrived here on a two-day visit to the Lok Sabha constituency of her mother Sonia Gandhi, where she visited a number of villages and held one-to-one contact with people.
Continuing her mass contact programme, Priyanka visited as many as 18 rural hamlets, met village women in their households and had her lunch in the open at a field, party sources said.
She also made a visit to some other households, including those of people belonging to the Dalit community, they said.
Priyanka visited Shivgarh and Mahrajganj blocks of Bachrawan Vidhan Sabha segment, and held chaupals to know about the problems of the villagers, they said.
She also reviewed functioning of a solar water pump in Osah village and took part in a chaupal in Rampur Khas.
Throughout her tour, mediapersons were kept at a distance by the SPG personnel deployed in Priyanka`s security.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!