Priyanka Gandhi asks Congress workers to hard sell Food Security scheme
Rae Bareli: Congress star campaigner Priyanka Gandhi Vadra on Tuesday asked partymen to apprise people of the ambitious food security scheme of the central government aimed at benefiting the poor and also tell them as to how the Samajwadi Party led government was not implementing it in Uttar Pradesh.
Addressing a meeting of presidents of party`s block, nyay and gram panchayat units, Priyanka told them to focus on the ambitious food security scheme besides other social welfare schemes of the central government.
Priyanka asked the party workers to fan out to rural areas and apprise people as to how the Centre has brought the food security scheme but the UP government was reluctant to implement it, said partymen who attended the meeting at the Bhyemau guest house here, concluding her two-day visit.
The scheme would directly benefit 68 per cent poor people and partymen should create awareness about it in order to exert pressure on the state government to implement it soon, she was quoted as saying.
Priyanka also took stock of party`s "Congress aapke dwar" programme in the meeting and distributed a kit among workers that would help them in seeking support of the people.
She told them to undertake door to door tour of the areas and encouraged them to work together.
Earlier in the day, Priyanka met people from her mother and Congress president Sonia Gandhi`s constituency and gave them a patient hearing.
In the morning, she visited Salon region of her brother and party vice-president Rahul Gandhi`s constituency in neighbouring Amethi and took a meeting of district Congress committee besides inaugurating the block Congress committee office there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan