Priyanka Gandhi in Uttar Pradesh polls?
New Delhi: In a major boost to the prospects of Congress in the upcoming Assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh, party chief Sonia Gandhi’s daughter Priyanka Gandhi will be canvassing for the party.
According to Zee News reports, Priyanka has agreed to campaign for the party in a few selected seats in the poll bound state.
It should be noted that Priyanka had earlier campaigned in the Amethi and Rae Bareli seats during the 2009 general elections for his mother and brother Rahul Gandhi.
Priyanka, however, has so far stayed away from active politics and has only campaigned for her family members, but this time, she will be campaigning in other seats also. It is yet to be declared for which seats she will be campaigning.
Congress, in these elections is hoping for a turnaround in their fortunes in Uttar Pradesh after a good show in the Lok Sabha elections where they secured 21 seats out of a total 80 seats and was the second largest party in the state after Samajwadi Party.
Congress has already started the campaign with general secretary Rahul Gandhi spearheading it. As of now, Congress is looking firm and is expected to give a tough fight to its opponents. However, it will be an interesting contest where the grand old party will not only be up against the political parties but will also face Team Anna and the corruption taint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB