Priyanka Gandhi meets Cong workers in Rae Bareli
Rae Bareli (UP): Congress star campaigner Priyanka Gandhi on Wednesday held meetings with party workers of her mother Sonia Gandhi`s parliamentary constituency here.
Priyanka, who is on a two-day visit, interacted with Congress workers at Bhueymau guest house.
She is expected to finalise names for the working committee of the Congress city unit during this visit, party sources said.
Priyanka talked in detail with prospective candidates for the working committee and discussed measures to strengthen the city unit, they said.
During her last visit, Priyanka had concentrated on ward level units of the party.
Meanwhile, earlier in the day, there was a breach in the security of Gandhi while she was on her way to the guest house, sources said.
As her cavalcade was passing through the Civil Lines area a motorcyclist came in front of her vehicle.
Superintendent of Police Rajesh Pandey said he had no knowledge of the incident but would look into it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian