Priyanka Gandhi meets Cong workers in Rae Bareli
Rae Bareli (UP): Congress star campaigner Priyanka Gandhi on Wednesday held meetings with party workers of her mother Sonia Gandhi`s parliamentary constituency here.
Priyanka, who is on a two-day visit, interacted with Congress workers at Bhueymau guest house.
She is expected to finalise names for the working committee of the Congress city unit during this visit, party sources said.
Priyanka talked in detail with prospective candidates for the working committee and discussed measures to strengthen the city unit, they said.
During her last visit, Priyanka had concentrated on ward level units of the party.
Meanwhile, earlier in the day, there was a breach in the security of Gandhi while she was on her way to the guest house, sources said.
As her cavalcade was passing through the Civil Lines area a motorcyclist came in front of her vehicle.
Superintendent of Police Rajesh Pandey said he had no knowledge of the incident but would look into it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Salah Abdeslam slapped with terror charges over Paris attacks
- India deeply appreciates US' engagement in Asia-Pacific: Ashton Carter
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents