Priyanka Gandhi meets Cong workers in Rae Bareli
Rae Bareli (UP): Congress star campaigner Priyanka Gandhi on Wednesday held meetings with party workers of her mother Sonia Gandhi`s parliamentary constituency here.
Priyanka, who is on a two-day visit, interacted with Congress workers at Bhueymau guest house.
She is expected to finalise names for the working committee of the Congress city unit during this visit, party sources said.
Priyanka talked in detail with prospective candidates for the working committee and discussed measures to strengthen the city unit, they said.
During her last visit, Priyanka had concentrated on ward level units of the party.
Meanwhile, earlier in the day, there was a breach in the security of Gandhi while she was on her way to the guest house, sources said.
As her cavalcade was passing through the Civil Lines area a motorcyclist came in front of her vehicle.
Superintendent of Police Rajesh Pandey said he had no knowledge of the incident but would look into it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next