Priyanka Gandhi stops convoy to interact with students
Rae Bareli: Priyanka Gandhi on Friday stopped her convoy after seeing students of a local institute waiting to approach her and heard their concerns over the rising incidents of harassment of women.
Party sources said that the star Congress campaigner spoke to the girls on her visit to Sonia Gandhi`s parliamentary constituency of Rae Bareli after stopping her convoy at the Civil Lines crossing on her way from Fursatganj airport this morning.
The students complained about the lack of security for women and the poor law and order situation.
They also informed her about centrally-funded development projects in the constituency being executed allegedly in violation of norms.
Party sources said Priyanka assured the girls that she would look into their concerns.
Priyanka is to hold a closed-door meeting with party workers at the Bhuemau guesthouse before leaving for New Delhi in the evening, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'