Priyanka Gandhi stops convoy to interact with students
Rae Bareli: Priyanka Gandhi on Friday stopped her convoy after seeing students of a local institute waiting to approach her and heard their concerns over the rising incidents of harassment of women.
Party sources said that the star Congress campaigner spoke to the girls on her visit to Sonia Gandhi`s parliamentary constituency of Rae Bareli after stopping her convoy at the Civil Lines crossing on her way from Fursatganj airport this morning.
The students complained about the lack of security for women and the poor law and order situation.
They also informed her about centrally-funded development projects in the constituency being executed allegedly in violation of norms.
Party sources said Priyanka assured the girls that she would look into their concerns.
Priyanka is to hold a closed-door meeting with party workers at the Bhuemau guesthouse before leaving for New Delhi in the evening, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj