Priyanka Gandhi stops convoy to interact with students
Rae Bareli: Priyanka Gandhi on Friday stopped her convoy after seeing students of a local institute waiting to approach her and heard their concerns over the rising incidents of harassment of women.
Party sources said that the star Congress campaigner spoke to the girls on her visit to Sonia Gandhi`s parliamentary constituency of Rae Bareli after stopping her convoy at the Civil Lines crossing on her way from Fursatganj airport this morning.
The students complained about the lack of security for women and the poor law and order situation.
They also informed her about centrally-funded development projects in the constituency being executed allegedly in violation of norms.
Party sources said Priyanka assured the girls that she would look into their concerns.
Priyanka is to hold a closed-door meeting with party workers at the Bhuemau guesthouse before leaving for New Delhi in the evening, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why