Priyanka Gandhi’s vehicle stopped by mill owners
Amethi: Workers of a private textile mill
on Saturday stopped the vehicle of Priyanka Gandhi Vadra to convey
their grievances over alleged non-payment of their pending
"Women workers of Seena Textile Mills in Rae Bareli
(the constituency of her mother Sonia Gandhi), who came at
Mushiganj guest house to meet Priyanka this morning, stopped
her cavalcade after they were denied entry inside the guest
house," officials said.
Priyanka later spoke to the workers, who claimed that
the 800 employees have not been paid salary for the last five
She assured them that she will discuss the matter with
her brother Rahul Gandhi and her mother.
The workers told her that they have already raised the
issue before Rahul Gandhi, who too has promised to look into
The workers said that they had also written a letter
to UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon