Priyanka in Rae Bareli, meets Congress workers
Rae Bareli: Congress star campaigner Priyanka Gandhi on Wednesday held meetings with party workers of her mother Sonia Gandhi`s parliamentary constituency with a view to rejuvenating them for the upcoming Lok Sabha polls.
Priyanka, who arrived on Wednesday morning, held meetings with workers ward-wise and took stock of the problems faced by the party. She also discussed with them the factors that led to the party`s poor performance in the last assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh, Congress sources said.
At the meetings which continued throughout the day at the Bhueymau guest house, she took feedback about performance of the party activists. Priyanka reviewed the progress of works assigned by her to them during her earlier visits, they said.
She told party workers to go to public and apprise them of various welfare schemes undertaken by the UPA government at the Centre. Priyanka will continue her meetings on Thursday before leaving for Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says