Priyanka in Rae Bareli, meets Congress workers
Rae Bareli: Congress star campaigner Priyanka Gandhi on Wednesday held meetings with party workers of her mother Sonia Gandhi`s parliamentary constituency with a view to rejuvenating them for the upcoming Lok Sabha polls.
Priyanka, who arrived on Wednesday morning, held meetings with workers ward-wise and took stock of the problems faced by the party. She also discussed with them the factors that led to the party`s poor performance in the last assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh, Congress sources said.
At the meetings which continued throughout the day at the Bhueymau guest house, she took feedback about performance of the party activists. Priyanka reviewed the progress of works assigned by her to them during her earlier visits, they said.
She told party workers to go to public and apprise them of various welfare schemes undertaken by the UPA government at the Centre. Priyanka will continue her meetings on Thursday before leaving for Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Kamal Haasan urges agitators to stay calm, says `none can take away your rights`
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS