Priyanka in Rae Bareli, meets Congress workers
Rae Bareli: Congress star campaigner Priyanka Gandhi on Wednesday held meetings with party workers of her mother Sonia Gandhi`s parliamentary constituency with a view to rejuvenating them for the upcoming Lok Sabha polls.
Priyanka, who arrived on Wednesday morning, held meetings with workers ward-wise and took stock of the problems faced by the party. She also discussed with them the factors that led to the party`s poor performance in the last assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh, Congress sources said.
At the meetings which continued throughout the day at the Bhueymau guest house, she took feedback about performance of the party activists. Priyanka reviewed the progress of works assigned by her to them during her earlier visits, they said.
She told party workers to go to public and apprise them of various welfare schemes undertaken by the UPA government at the Centre. Priyanka will continue her meetings on Thursday before leaving for Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- 17 die in fire at Ukraine home for elderly
- PM Narendra Modi to visit five nations from June 4; to take up black money issue with Swiss President
- Sharks possess distinct personalities like humans
- 'Sultan' new poster: See robust Salman Khan turns 'Golden Sultan' magnifying the aura!
- Bihar class 10th result 2016 declared; check Bihar Board Matric class 10 Results 2016 on biharboard.bih.nic.in