Priyanka meets Cong workers, discusses party`s revamp
Rae Bareli: On the concluding day of her visit to her mother and Congress president Sonia Gandhi`s Lok Sabha constituency, Priyanka Gandhi on Tuesday met party workers and discussed ways and means to strengthen the organisation.
She met party workers of Sadar and Uchahar blocks and discussed at length ways and means to revamp the party in Rae Bareli, her mother`s Parliamentary constituency.
Priyanka exhorted the workers to discharge their duties honestly and responsibly, Congress sources said.
Winding up her 2-day visit, she asked Congress workers and local leaders to ensure that weaknesses in the party were removed at the earliest.
On her way back to Delhi, Priyanka visited Harchandpur block office of the party and met workers.
This is her second visit to Rae Bareli within a span of one month.
Earlier, she had held meetings with party workers and talked about strengthening the Congress during her two-day visit on November 8-9.
Priyanka had also assured the people in her brother Rahul`s constituency Amethi that she would visit them on a regular basis and keep in constant touch with them.
The Congress had won two assembly seats in Amethi while in Rae Bareli it drew a blank in the UP Assembly poll this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi