Priyanka meets Cong workers, discusses party`s revamp
Rae Bareli: On the concluding day of her visit to her mother and Congress president Sonia Gandhi`s Lok Sabha constituency, Priyanka Gandhi on Tuesday met party workers and discussed ways and means to strengthen the organisation.
She met party workers of Sadar and Uchahar blocks and discussed at length ways and means to revamp the party in Rae Bareli, her mother`s Parliamentary constituency.
Priyanka exhorted the workers to discharge their duties honestly and responsibly, Congress sources said.
Winding up her 2-day visit, she asked Congress workers and local leaders to ensure that weaknesses in the party were removed at the earliest.
On her way back to Delhi, Priyanka visited Harchandpur block office of the party and met workers.
This is her second visit to Rae Bareli within a span of one month.
Earlier, she had held meetings with party workers and talked about strengthening the Congress during her two-day visit on November 8-9.
Priyanka had also assured the people in her brother Rahul`s constituency Amethi that she would visit them on a regular basis and keep in constant touch with them.
The Congress had won two assembly seats in Amethi while in Rae Bareli it drew a blank in the UP Assembly poll this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- French Open 2016: Andy Murray, Stan Wawrinka face Czech challenge in Paris
- Iraq PM announces start of operation to retake Fallujah
- Amnesty warns Yemen civilians face cluster bombs `minefields`
- KTM 1290 Super Duke R based Husqvarna 1301 spotted testing
- 17 girls dead in fire at school dormitory in Thailand