Priyanka meets Cong workers, discusses party`s revamp
Rae Bareli: On the concluding day of her visit to her mother and Congress president Sonia Gandhi`s Lok Sabha constituency, Priyanka Gandhi on Tuesday met party workers and discussed ways and means to strengthen the organisation.
She met party workers of Sadar and Uchahar blocks and discussed at length ways and means to revamp the party in Rae Bareli, her mother`s Parliamentary constituency.
Priyanka exhorted the workers to discharge their duties honestly and responsibly, Congress sources said.
Winding up her 2-day visit, she asked Congress workers and local leaders to ensure that weaknesses in the party were removed at the earliest.
On her way back to Delhi, Priyanka visited Harchandpur block office of the party and met workers.
This is her second visit to Rae Bareli within a span of one month.
Earlier, she had held meetings with party workers and talked about strengthening the Congress during her two-day visit on November 8-9.
Priyanka had also assured the people in her brother Rahul`s constituency Amethi that she would visit them on a regular basis and keep in constant touch with them.
The Congress had won two assembly seats in Amethi while in Rae Bareli it drew a blank in the UP Assembly poll this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what