Priyanka winds up Amethi, Rae Bareli tour
Rae Bareli: Congress` star campaigner Priyanka Gandhi on Wednesday winded up her three-day tour of the twin parliamentary constituencies of Rae Bareli and Amethi
exhorting party workers to strengthen the hands of her mother Sonia Gandhi and brother Rahul Gandhi in the coming elections.
Gandhi, who this morning met party office bearers and
workers upto the booth level of Bachrawan and Harchandpur,
directed them to work hard towards ensuring the victory of
party nominees in the assembly polls and strengthening the
party in Uttar Pradesh, Congress sources said.
She directed party workers to ensure that voters reached
the booths on the polling day and said that complaints, if
any, should be kept aside at this point of time.
Promising to return on February two from when on she
would be campaigning here, she said she should be kept
informed about the non-active party functionaries.
Meanwhile, a delegation of women workers of Sheena Home
textile factory, who had yesterday staged a protest against
closure of the factory for the last two years, met the
chairman of Ryan International School, Gracy Pinto for
resolving the problems, sources said.
Gandhi later left for New Delhi from Fursatgaj airport.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Divyansh Kakrora's death: Probe nails Ryan International School for glaring lapses; father alleges child was sodomised before murder
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step