Priyanka winds up Amethi, Rae Bareli tour
Rae Bareli: Congress` star campaigner Priyanka Gandhi on Wednesday winded up her three-day tour of the twin parliamentary constituencies of Rae Bareli and Amethi
exhorting party workers to strengthen the hands of her mother Sonia Gandhi and brother Rahul Gandhi in the coming elections.
Gandhi, who this morning met party office bearers and
workers upto the booth level of Bachrawan and Harchandpur,
directed them to work hard towards ensuring the victory of
party nominees in the assembly polls and strengthening the
party in Uttar Pradesh, Congress sources said.
She directed party workers to ensure that voters reached
the booths on the polling day and said that complaints, if
any, should be kept aside at this point of time.
Promising to return on February two from when on she
would be campaigning here, she said she should be kept
informed about the non-active party functionaries.
Meanwhile, a delegation of women workers of Sheena Home
textile factory, who had yesterday staged a protest against
closure of the factory for the last two years, met the
chairman of Ryan International School, Gracy Pinto for
resolving the problems, sources said.
Gandhi later left for New Delhi from Fursatgaj airport.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'