Priyanka winds up Amethi, Rae Bareli tour
Rae Bareli: Congress` star campaigner Priyanka Gandhi on Wednesday winded up her three-day tour of the twin parliamentary constituencies of Rae Bareli and Amethi
exhorting party workers to strengthen the hands of her mother Sonia Gandhi and brother Rahul Gandhi in the coming elections.
Gandhi, who this morning met party office bearers and
workers upto the booth level of Bachrawan and Harchandpur,
directed them to work hard towards ensuring the victory of
party nominees in the assembly polls and strengthening the
party in Uttar Pradesh, Congress sources said.
She directed party workers to ensure that voters reached
the booths on the polling day and said that complaints, if
any, should be kept aside at this point of time.
Promising to return on February two from when on she
would be campaigning here, she said she should be kept
informed about the non-active party functionaries.
Meanwhile, a delegation of women workers of Sheena Home
textile factory, who had yesterday staged a protest against
closure of the factory for the last two years, met the
chairman of Ryan International School, Gracy Pinto for
resolving the problems, sources said.
Gandhi later left for New Delhi from Fursatgaj airport.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing