Priyanka winds up Amethi, Rae Bareli tour
Rae Bareli: Congress` star campaigner Priyanka Gandhi on Wednesday winded up her three-day tour of the twin parliamentary constituencies of Rae Bareli and Amethi
exhorting party workers to strengthen the hands of her mother Sonia Gandhi and brother Rahul Gandhi in the coming elections.
Gandhi, who this morning met party office bearers and
workers upto the booth level of Bachrawan and Harchandpur,
directed them to work hard towards ensuring the victory of
party nominees in the assembly polls and strengthening the
party in Uttar Pradesh, Congress sources said.
She directed party workers to ensure that voters reached
the booths on the polling day and said that complaints, if
any, should be kept aside at this point of time.
Promising to return on February two from when on she
would be campaigning here, she said she should be kept
informed about the non-active party functionaries.
Meanwhile, a delegation of women workers of Sheena Home
textile factory, who had yesterday staged a protest against
closure of the factory for the last two years, met the
chairman of Ryan International School, Gracy Pinto for
resolving the problems, sources said.
Gandhi later left for New Delhi from Fursatgaj airport.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended