Priyanka’s brainstorming session with Cong workers
Rae Bareli: Congress` star campaigner Priyanka Gandhi on Friday held a day-long session with party workers on how to tone up the organisation in the Lok Sabha constituency of her mother Sonia Gandhi here.
At the Bhuemau guest house, Priyanka remained confined since the morning discussing ways and means to strengthen the party and revamp it ahead of 2014 Lok Sabha poll, party sources said.
The workers who attended the meeting said she met delegates block-wise and took their suggestions on various issues concerning the party.
They also exchanged views on changing block presidents and committee and discussed names and a formal announcement is expected to be made soon, sources said.
The workers complained they were not getting a proper hearing and so they found it very difficult to face the people.
Priyanka said development works would be undertaken with the knowledge of nyay and gram panchayats and they would apprise the workers about the development works so that they are well equipped while facing the people.
Priyanka, who had arrived here along with her brother Rahul Gandhi yesterday, kept away from the media and in the evening returned to New Delhi.
This was Priyanka Gandhi`s first visit after the party`s drubbing at the hustings in this year`s assembly elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read