Priyanka’s brainstorming session with Cong workers
Rae Bareli: Congress` star campaigner Priyanka Gandhi on Friday held a day-long session with party workers on how to tone up the organisation in the Lok Sabha constituency of her mother Sonia Gandhi here.
At the Bhuemau guest house, Priyanka remained confined since the morning discussing ways and means to strengthen the party and revamp it ahead of 2014 Lok Sabha poll, party sources said.
The workers who attended the meeting said she met delegates block-wise and took their suggestions on various issues concerning the party.
They also exchanged views on changing block presidents and committee and discussed names and a formal announcement is expected to be made soon, sources said.
The workers complained they were not getting a proper hearing and so they found it very difficult to face the people.
Priyanka said development works would be undertaken with the knowledge of nyay and gram panchayats and they would apprise the workers about the development works so that they are well equipped while facing the people.
Priyanka, who had arrived here along with her brother Rahul Gandhi yesterday, kept away from the media and in the evening returned to New Delhi.
This was Priyanka Gandhi`s first visit after the party`s drubbing at the hustings in this year`s assembly elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas
- Flirt with the waves a la Lisa Haydon – Watch video