Probe allegations against Robert Vadra: Azam Khan
Varanasi: Uttar Pradesh Urban Development Minister Azam Khan has demanded a probe against Sonia Gandhi`s son-in-law Robert Vadra, following allegations by civil society activists Arvind Kejriwal and Prashant Bhushan that he was hugely favoured by realty major DLF.
Khan said that no one is above law, and thereby, any one engaging in unlawful activities should not be spared.
"Why alone Vadra, all those people who engage in such unlawful activities should be probed. The law should be allowed to prevail without coming under pressure from any person or family," said Khan.
Kejriwal had earlier on Friday levelled serious allegations against Vadra, and said his wealth increased from Rs 50 lakh to over Rs 300 crore within three years.
Addressing a press conference along with former law minister Shanti Bhushan and Supreme Court lawyer and IAC activist Prashant Bhushan, Kejriwal said Vadra received kickbacks from DLF.
Kejriwal claimed that they have evidence to show that Vadra received kickbacks from DLF.
"Robert Vadra`s income grew from Rs 50 lakhs to Rs 300 crore in three years, how did this happen? DLF gave Vadra Rs 65 crore unsecured loan. DLF gave Robert Vadra unsecured loans, what benefit did Vadra give to DLF to secure these loans," he said.
Asserting that Sonia Gandhi`s son in-law is involved in a property scam, Kejriwal demanded an answer from the UPA Government at the Centre on this issue.
"All the details are with the government, yet no action has been taken. The Congress must answer. Multiple properties owned in Haryana, Rajasthan and Dehradun. The government must explain why this information was not acted upon," he added.
Meanwhile, Prashant Bhushan also echoed similar sentiments on the issue, and demanded that the links between Vadra and DLF should be probed.
"Robert Vadra got 10,000 sq foot penthouse in DLF Aralia for Rs 85 lakhs whose market value when sold was 25 crores, and today, it`s value is 40 crores," said Bhushan.
"Why did the DLF give so much money to Vadra without any obvious benefit," he asked.
The eminent lawyer further claimed that Vadra was getting benefits for DLF through the Delhi and Haryana Governments, and added that it should be probed by investigating agencies.
"There are many other properties to be inquired into," said Bhushan.
The DLF has clarified that the business dealings with Robert Vadra were completely transparent.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know