Probe begins into sharing of Kawal violence video
Muzaffarnagar: Police have started an investigation against 229 people, including a local BJP MLA, for allegedly sharing on the internet sensitive photos related to the recent disturbances at Kawal village here.
Probe team led by Assistant Superintendent of Police S M Mamgoee has started investigation against Sardhana BJP MLA Sangit Some, police said on Wednesday.
An FIR was registered against 229 people, including the BJP MLA, after that a case was registered under relevant sections of IPC and the IT Act, police said.
According to police, one Shuvam allegedly uploaded the photos, which were thereafter shared by the rest of the accused.
Meanwhile, Tajuddin Ansari, a member of the National Commission for SC/ST, has not been allowed to go to Kawal last evening by the district authorities on the apprehension of breach of peace, police said today.
He was stopped at Jansath, near Kawal Village, they said.
According to reports, after Ansari was stopped, hundreds of locals gathered there, demanding that he be allowed to go to Kawal. Ansari, however, later returned to Delhi.
In another development, the BJP has given a call for complete shut on September 5 in Muzafarnagar in protest against the Kawal incident.
The party has appealed people to support their call by keeping their business establishments shut on the given day.
The IG police of Meerut, Brijbushan Sharma however said in his statement that no one would be allowed to take law in his own hands and whoever found doing so would be dealt strictly.
Meanwhile, the lawyers took to streets by staging peaceful processions and appealed people to maintain calm.
Clashes took place on August 27 in the district`s Kawal village in which three persons lost their lives over a petty dispute. Tensions still continue in the area over the above incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed