Probe begins into sharing of Kawal violence video
Muzaffarnagar: Police have started an investigation against 229 people, including a local BJP MLA, for allegedly sharing on the internet sensitive photos related to the recent disturbances at Kawal village here.
Probe team led by Assistant Superintendent of Police S M Mamgoee has started investigation against Sardhana BJP MLA Sangit Some, police said on Wednesday.
An FIR was registered against 229 people, including the BJP MLA, after that a case was registered under relevant sections of IPC and the IT Act, police said.
According to police, one Shuvam allegedly uploaded the photos, which were thereafter shared by the rest of the accused.
Meanwhile, Tajuddin Ansari, a member of the National Commission for SC/ST, has not been allowed to go to Kawal last evening by the district authorities on the apprehension of breach of peace, police said today.
He was stopped at Jansath, near Kawal Village, they said.
According to reports, after Ansari was stopped, hundreds of locals gathered there, demanding that he be allowed to go to Kawal. Ansari, however, later returned to Delhi.
In another development, the BJP has given a call for complete shut on September 5 in Muzafarnagar in protest against the Kawal incident.
The party has appealed people to support their call by keeping their business establishments shut on the given day.
The IG police of Meerut, Brijbushan Sharma however said in his statement that no one would be allowed to take law in his own hands and whoever found doing so would be dealt strictly.
Meanwhile, the lawyers took to streets by staging peaceful processions and appealed people to maintain calm.
Clashes took place on August 27 in the district`s Kawal village in which three persons lost their lives over a petty dispute. Tensions still continue in the area over the above incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi