Probe in cattle smuggling racket shifted to CBCID
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has transferred to CB-CID the probe into the alleged involvement of Vice Chairman, Ganna Anusandhan Sansthan, KC Pandey in the cattle smuggling racket.
"The state government has handed over the probe to CB-CID", Principal Secretary, Home, RM Srivastava said.
The name of Pandey figured after a sting operation of cattle smugglers by Superintendent of Police of Gonda, Navneet Rana, who was transferred yesterday by the state government and attached to the DGP office.
RPS Yadav was named as SP, Gonda, later.
Rana had on December 30, 2012 carried out a sting operation at his residence in Gonda and had got arrested one Ashutosh Pandey, an associate of alleged animal smuggler Mohd Majid and three others who had gone to strike a deal with the SP.
Ashutosh Pandey had allegedly called KC Pandey during the sting and made him talk to the SP, who was offered bribe for helping the smugglers.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list