Probe in cattle smuggling racket shifted to CBCID
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has transferred to CB-CID the probe into the alleged involvement of Vice Chairman, Ganna Anusandhan Sansthan, KC Pandey in the cattle smuggling racket.
"The state government has handed over the probe to CB-CID", Principal Secretary, Home, RM Srivastava said.
The name of Pandey figured after a sting operation of cattle smugglers by Superintendent of Police of Gonda, Navneet Rana, who was transferred yesterday by the state government and attached to the DGP office.
RPS Yadav was named as SP, Gonda, later.
Rana had on December 30, 2012 carried out a sting operation at his residence in Gonda and had got arrested one Ashutosh Pandey, an associate of alleged animal smuggler Mohd Majid and three others who had gone to strike a deal with the SP.
Ashutosh Pandey had allegedly called KC Pandey during the sting and made him talk to the SP, who was offered bribe for helping the smugglers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says