Probe in cattle smuggling racket shifted to CBCID
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has transferred to CB-CID the probe into the alleged involvement of Vice Chairman, Ganna Anusandhan Sansthan, KC Pandey in the cattle smuggling racket.
"The state government has handed over the probe to CB-CID", Principal Secretary, Home, RM Srivastava said.
The name of Pandey figured after a sting operation of cattle smugglers by Superintendent of Police of Gonda, Navneet Rana, who was transferred yesterday by the state government and attached to the DGP office.
RPS Yadav was named as SP, Gonda, later.
Rana had on December 30, 2012 carried out a sting operation at his residence in Gonda and had got arrested one Ashutosh Pandey, an associate of alleged animal smuggler Mohd Majid and three others who had gone to strike a deal with the SP.
Ashutosh Pandey had allegedly called KC Pandey during the sting and made him talk to the SP, who was offered bribe for helping the smugglers.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed