Probe in rape case involving SP MLA begins
Faizabad: Police has started
investigations into the case of Samajwadi Party MLA Anup
Sanda, facing charges of attempt to rape, threatening to kill
and fraud, following its transfer from Sultanpur to Faizabad
On a complaint filed by 25-year-old Samreen Khan, a
resident of Gabhadiya locality of Sultanpur city, a case
against Sanda under various Sections of the IPC including 376
(rape), 420 (fraud) and 506 (threatening to kill) was filed on
September 17, police said.
The Special Investigation Cell of Faizabad police has
started the probe today after it was transferred to it on
October 8, following a complaint by Khan to DIG (Faizabad) AK
Rai, expressing discontentment over the "biased" attitude of
Sultanpur police in handling the case.
Additional Superintendent of Police (Faizabad) Sanjay
Kumar has been appointed as monitoring officer of the probe
being done by the special investigation cell, SP RKS
Rathore said today.
Khan had alleged in the FIR that she was being
subjected to criminal assault since the past three years by
Sanda, who had promised her a job and whenever she had
objected to it he had threatened to kill her.
The woman further alleged that the MLA had also
promised her marriage and taken her to different places during
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble