Probe in rape case involving SP MLA begins
Faizabad: Police has started
investigations into the case of Samajwadi Party MLA Anup
Sanda, facing charges of attempt to rape, threatening to kill
and fraud, following its transfer from Sultanpur to Faizabad
On a complaint filed by 25-year-old Samreen Khan, a
resident of Gabhadiya locality of Sultanpur city, a case
against Sanda under various Sections of the IPC including 376
(rape), 420 (fraud) and 506 (threatening to kill) was filed on
September 17, police said.
The Special Investigation Cell of Faizabad police has
started the probe today after it was transferred to it on
October 8, following a complaint by Khan to DIG (Faizabad) AK
Rai, expressing discontentment over the "biased" attitude of
Sultanpur police in handling the case.
Additional Superintendent of Police (Faizabad) Sanjay
Kumar has been appointed as monitoring officer of the probe
being done by the special investigation cell, SP RKS
Rathore said today.
Khan had alleged in the FIR that she was being
subjected to criminal assault since the past three years by
Sanda, who had promised her a job and whenever she had
objected to it he had threatened to kill her.
The woman further alleged that the MLA had also
promised her marriage and taken her to different places during
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- It may soon be time to say goodbye to dripping ice cream cones!
- Learn how much exercise you need to prevent death
- Scorpene leak: Data includes details on missile likely to be used in submarines
- West Indies vs India, 2nd T20I: Wet outfield denies MS Dhoni & Co chance to level series
- Two minors held for gang-raping minor in Delhi