Probe ordered into alleged abduction of Gonda CMO
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has ordered a high-level inquiry into the alleged abduction of the chief medical officer of Gonda SP Singh by Minister of State for Revenue and Rehabilitation.
"A two-member committee led by Additional Director Health has been set up to look into the matter and submit its report by tomorrow," Minister for Health and Family Welfare Ahmad Hassan said.
Sources in the government said Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and SP president Mulayam Singh Yadav have taken strong note of the report.
According to media reports, the CMO was allegedly abducted by the Minister Vinod Singh alias Pandit Singh as he was "unhappy" over the refusal to accommodate his nominees on the list of doctors on contract recruited by the district health department under National Rural Health Mission (NRHM).
Pandit Singh, however, has strongly refuted the charge, calling it a political conspiracy to tarnish his image.
Principal Secretary (Medical and Health) JP Sharma said, "Though the CMO has not filed any written complaint in this regard, we are in touch with the local officials and employees to get details of the incident".
No FIR has also been filed in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!