Probe sought into investments by relatives of officials posted in Noida
Allahabad: A petition demanding probe into alleged investments worth crores of rupees by close relatives of a number of senior bureaucrats and lower rank officials posted in Noida, Greater Noida and the Yamuna Expressway Authority today came up for hearing before the Allahabad High Court.
The Public Interest Litigation, filed by Jagdish Narain Shukla, was opposed by the Uttar Pradesh government`s standing counsel who told a Division Bench comprising Acting Chief Justice Shiva Kirti Singh and Justice Dilip Gupta that another PIL filed by a social outfit Madhav Samaj Nirman Samiti, which dealt with similar issues, was already pending before the court.
The Bench disposed of the petition stating that the petitioner could, if he chose to do so, move an application attached to the PIL filed by Madhav Samaj Nirman Samiti.
The Samiti had challenged the appointment of IAS officers Rakesh Bahadur and Sanjeev Saran as Chairman and CEO of the Noida authority respectively.
The IAS officers had been accused of financial wrongdoings while they held the posts in 2005-07.
Significantly, a Division Bench of the court had on November 8 ordered that the two officers be removed and posted anywhere outside western UP as their presence in the region could affect the investigation into the charges of corruption against them.
However, the state government has filed a petition requesting the court to review its judgement even as the officers continue to hold their posts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations