Probe sought into investments by relatives of officials posted in Noida
Allahabad: A petition demanding probe into alleged investments worth crores of rupees by close relatives of a number of senior bureaucrats and lower rank officials posted in Noida, Greater Noida and the Yamuna Expressway Authority today came up for hearing before the Allahabad High Court.
The Public Interest Litigation, filed by Jagdish Narain Shukla, was opposed by the Uttar Pradesh government`s standing counsel who told a Division Bench comprising Acting Chief Justice Shiva Kirti Singh and Justice Dilip Gupta that another PIL filed by a social outfit Madhav Samaj Nirman Samiti, which dealt with similar issues, was already pending before the court.
The Bench disposed of the petition stating that the petitioner could, if he chose to do so, move an application attached to the PIL filed by Madhav Samaj Nirman Samiti.
The Samiti had challenged the appointment of IAS officers Rakesh Bahadur and Sanjeev Saran as Chairman and CEO of the Noida authority respectively.
The IAS officers had been accused of financial wrongdoings while they held the posts in 2005-07.
Significantly, a Division Bench of the court had on November 8 ordered that the two officers be removed and posted anywhere outside western UP as their presence in the region could affect the investigation into the charges of corruption against them.
However, the state government has filed a petition requesting the court to review its judgement even as the officers continue to hold their posts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why