Probe sought into investments by relatives of officials posted in Noida
Allahabad: A petition demanding probe into alleged investments worth crores of rupees by close relatives of a number of senior bureaucrats and lower rank officials posted in Noida, Greater Noida and the Yamuna Expressway Authority today came up for hearing before the Allahabad High Court.
The Public Interest Litigation, filed by Jagdish Narain Shukla, was opposed by the Uttar Pradesh government`s standing counsel who told a Division Bench comprising Acting Chief Justice Shiva Kirti Singh and Justice Dilip Gupta that another PIL filed by a social outfit Madhav Samaj Nirman Samiti, which dealt with similar issues, was already pending before the court.
The Bench disposed of the petition stating that the petitioner could, if he chose to do so, move an application attached to the PIL filed by Madhav Samaj Nirman Samiti.
The Samiti had challenged the appointment of IAS officers Rakesh Bahadur and Sanjeev Saran as Chairman and CEO of the Noida authority respectively.
The IAS officers had been accused of financial wrongdoings while they held the posts in 2005-07.
Significantly, a Division Bench of the court had on November 8 ordered that the two officers be removed and posted anywhere outside western UP as their presence in the region could affect the investigation into the charges of corruption against them.
However, the state government has filed a petition requesting the court to review its judgement even as the officers continue to hold their posts.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living