Probing links of arrested bookies: UP police
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh police today said they were investigating the links of bookies arrested from Varanasi and Kanpur with a bigger racket but no IPL player from the state was under its scanner.
"As of now we are only investigating cases relating to arrests of some bookies in Varanasi and Kanpur," IG (law and order) R K Vishwakarma said.
Vishwakarma was reacting to reports in a section of the media that some players from UP were under the scanner of the police for their alleged involvement in IPL spot-fixing.
He said that the investigation has pointed their links with a big racket.
"We are not here to malign anyone. We are looking in to forward and backward linkages of the bookies arrested. Pointing towards any one without evidence is not the right thing. We have never said anything about the players," he said.
Additional Director General, Law and Order Arun Kumar Jha said, "No UP player in under our scanner. We are probing the case related to bookies arrested in the state."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday