`Process on to release 24 Muslim youths facing false charges`
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has released three "innocent" Muslim youths lodged in jails on "false" terror charges and legal opinion has been sought for releasing 24 more, Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav said on Sunday.
"Three youths lodged on false cases have been released and talks were on to release 24 more," he said.
The former UP CM was addressing a minority conference here.
He said there are 11 ministers of the Muslim community in the UP government and people should question them about the work they have done for the community.
"There are 11 Muslim ministers in the SP government. You should ask them what they are doing for you," he said terming Cabinet minister Mohammad Azam Khan as an intelligent leader.
Yadav said the people of UP voted for SP to see him as chief minister but he opted out so that he could exert pressure on the state government.
"People of the state have given majority to SP to make me chief minister and not Akhilesh...But I have made him CM so that I can exert pressure and control the government," Yadav said.
On being asked about Union Minister Beni Prasad Verma`s statement in which he alleged that Yadav had relations with terrorists, the SP supremo said that this statement was made as he attended this programme (of Muslims).
"You all should remember that on attending programme of minority, the Central minister is terming me terrorist," Yadav added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof