`Process on to release 24 Muslim youths facing false charges`
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has released three "innocent" Muslim youths lodged in jails on "false" terror charges and legal opinion has been sought for releasing 24 more, Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav said on Sunday.
"Three youths lodged on false cases have been released and talks were on to release 24 more," he said.
The former UP CM was addressing a minority conference here.
He said there are 11 ministers of the Muslim community in the UP government and people should question them about the work they have done for the community.
"There are 11 Muslim ministers in the SP government. You should ask them what they are doing for you," he said terming Cabinet minister Mohammad Azam Khan as an intelligent leader.
Yadav said the people of UP voted for SP to see him as chief minister but he opted out so that he could exert pressure on the state government.
"People of the state have given majority to SP to make me chief minister and not Akhilesh...But I have made him CM so that I can exert pressure and control the government," Yadav said.
On being asked about Union Minister Beni Prasad Verma`s statement in which he alleged that Yadav had relations with terrorists, the SP supremo said that this statement was made as he attended this programme (of Muslims).
"You all should remember that on attending programme of minority, the Central minister is terming me terrorist," Yadav added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah