`Process on to release 24 Muslim youths facing false charges`
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has released three "innocent" Muslim youths lodged in jails on "false" terror charges and legal opinion has been sought for releasing 24 more, Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav said on Sunday.
"Three youths lodged on false cases have been released and talks were on to release 24 more," he said.
The former UP CM was addressing a minority conference here.
He said there are 11 ministers of the Muslim community in the UP government and people should question them about the work they have done for the community.
"There are 11 Muslim ministers in the SP government. You should ask them what they are doing for you," he said terming Cabinet minister Mohammad Azam Khan as an intelligent leader.
Yadav said the people of UP voted for SP to see him as chief minister but he opted out so that he could exert pressure on the state government.
"People of the state have given majority to SP to make me chief minister and not Akhilesh...But I have made him CM so that I can exert pressure and control the government," Yadav said.
On being asked about Union Minister Beni Prasad Verma`s statement in which he alleged that Yadav had relations with terrorists, the SP supremo said that this statement was made as he attended this programme (of Muslims).
"You all should remember that on attending programme of minority, the Central minister is terming me terrorist," Yadav added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers