Prohibitory orders imposed for upcoming elections
Ghaziabad: Prohibitory orders under Section
144 were imposed in Ghaziabad by the district administration
on Thursday in view of the upcoming Assembly elections in Uttar
The order will remain in force till March 15.
As part of the order, District Magistrate Shashi Bhushan
has directed owners to not carry firearms and deposit them at
their nearest police station, violation of which will lead to
Among other provisions, assembly of four or more persons
at public places and the use of loudspeakers without the prior
permission of the administration has been banned.
Contesting candidates will also have to get the approval
of the administration before holding rallies or meetings.
The seven-phased elections for the 403-member Uttar
Pradesh Assembly will start on February 4 and end on February
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out