Prohibitory orders imposed for upcoming elections
Ghaziabad: Prohibitory orders under Section
144 were imposed in Ghaziabad by the district administration
on Thursday in view of the upcoming Assembly elections in Uttar
The order will remain in force till March 15.
As part of the order, District Magistrate Shashi Bhushan
has directed owners to not carry firearms and deposit them at
their nearest police station, violation of which will lead to
Among other provisions, assembly of four or more persons
at public places and the use of loudspeakers without the prior
permission of the administration has been banned.
Contesting candidates will also have to get the approval
of the administration before holding rallies or meetings.
The seven-phased elections for the 403-member Uttar
Pradesh Assembly will start on February 4 and end on February
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1
- India's NSG membership is not about arms, US tells Pakistan