Prohibitory orders imposed for upcoming elections
Ghaziabad: Prohibitory orders under Section
144 were imposed in Ghaziabad by the district administration
on Thursday in view of the upcoming Assembly elections in Uttar
The order will remain in force till March 15.
As part of the order, District Magistrate Shashi Bhushan
has directed owners to not carry firearms and deposit them at
their nearest police station, violation of which will lead to
Among other provisions, assembly of four or more persons
at public places and the use of loudspeakers without the prior
permission of the administration has been banned.
Contesting candidates will also have to get the approval
of the administration before holding rallies or meetings.
The seven-phased elections for the 403-member Uttar
Pradesh Assembly will start on February 4 and end on February
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere