Prohibitory orders imposed in Ghaziabad district
Ghaziabad: Prohibitory orders have been
clamped in Ghaziabad district for a month keeping in view the
provincial civil services examination, due this month and
which will witness thousands of examinees, officials said
"Prohibitory orders have been imposed from last evening
as a large number of examinees will come to write the exam in
the district on June 26," officials said.
Police have banned holding of any public meeting,
assembly of five or more persons, carrying of fire-arms and
processions and demonstrations.
The move may dampen the Congress` plan to celebrate Rahul
Gandhi`s birthday on June 19 as farmers rights day to protest
against the alleged atrocities committed on farmers in
Bhatta-Parsaul village in Gautam Budhha Nagar in Uttar Pradesh
on May 7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster