Prohibitory orders imposed in violence-hit UP village
Muzaffarnagar: Prohibitory orders were imposed on Thursday in Kawal village of the district, where tension prevailed after a group of people indulged in violence and damaged many shops and houses.
Taking out processions, carrying weapons and blocking roads and highways has been banned under section 144 of CrPC in Kawal village and an area surrounding two kilometres, Sub-Divisional Magistrate R K Tripathi said.
He said the decision was taken in view of yesterday`s violence, in which a group of people returning from a cremation had attacked and damaged a number of houses and shops belonging to members of a particular community.
Meanwhile, fresh incidents of violence was reported from Kawal village today, in which at least three people were injured in incidents of stone-pelting.
Paramilitary forces, including RAF, have been deployed in violence-affected areas and security has been tightened.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Virtual Classrooms supplement nursing education in Bihar
- Katrina Kaif names her best friend and it’s NOT Salman Khan – Details inside
- Fox News chief Ailes resigns after sexual harassment claims
- WATCH: HILARIOUS! Is this the worst ball ever bowled in international cricket?
- Sensex recovers 54 points in early trade on corporate earnings