Prohibitory orders imposed in violence-hit UP village
Muzaffarnagar: Prohibitory orders were imposed on Thursday in Kawal village of the district, where tension prevailed after a group of people indulged in violence and damaged many shops and houses.
Taking out processions, carrying weapons and blocking roads and highways has been banned under section 144 of CrPC in Kawal village and an area surrounding two kilometres, Sub-Divisional Magistrate R K Tripathi said.
He said the decision was taken in view of yesterday`s violence, in which a group of people returning from a cremation had attacked and damaged a number of houses and shops belonging to members of a particular community.
Meanwhile, fresh incidents of violence was reported from Kawal village today, in which at least three people were injured in incidents of stone-pelting.
Paramilitary forces, including RAF, have been deployed in violence-affected areas and security has been tightened.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh