Prohibitory orders imposed in violence-hit UP village
Muzaffarnagar: Prohibitory orders were imposed on Thursday in Kawal village of the district, where tension prevailed after a group of people indulged in violence and damaged many shops and houses.
Taking out processions, carrying weapons and blocking roads and highways has been banned under section 144 of CrPC in Kawal village and an area surrounding two kilometres, Sub-Divisional Magistrate R K Tripathi said.
He said the decision was taken in view of yesterday`s violence, in which a group of people returning from a cremation had attacked and damaged a number of houses and shops belonging to members of a particular community.
Meanwhile, fresh incidents of violence was reported from Kawal village today, in which at least three people were injured in incidents of stone-pelting.
Paramilitary forces, including RAF, have been deployed in violence-affected areas and security has been tightened.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India