Prohibitory orders in Faizabad ahead of VHP`s proposed Yatra
Faizabad: Prohibitory orders were clamped in entire Faizabad on Saturday to stop the VHP activists, who plan to launch a `Panch Kosi Parikrama Yatra` tomorrow.
Faizabad District Magistrate Vipin Kumar Dwivedi said the restrictions will, however, not stop the devotees who turn up for performing daily rituals.
Restrictions were imposed after inputs from intelligence agencies that VHP`s proposed Yatra might disturb the communal harmony and peace, Dwivedi said.
"The dispute of Babri Masjid-Ram Janam Bhoomi is pending before the Supreme Court and VHP`s motto behind this Yatra is communal polarisation which may result in communal clash," the order issued by the district administration stated.
"We have restricted those activities which can cause breach in communal harmony and may disturb the peace. The administration has deployed security forces on Parikrama route and in adjoining areas of mixed and minority dominated pockets," Dwivedi said.
Last week, the international general secretary of the Vishwa Hindu Parishad, Champat Rai, had announced that the seers would undertake `Paanch Kosi Parikrama Yatra` around Ayodhya from September 22.
Dwivedi said the restrictions are not imposed on "traditional and non-political Parikrama", which routine devotees perform.
Massive restrictions were imposed in the twin towns of Ayodhya and Faizabad last month and large a number of VHP supporters were arrested to stop them from taking part in the `Chaurasi Kosi Parikrama Yatra`, which was banned by the Uttar Pradesh government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Elvis Presley and Michael Jackson became more popular after death: Amitabh Bachchan
- England vs Pakistan, 2nd Test, Day 3 — As it happened...
- Two dead, 10 injured as under-construction building collapses in Hyderabad
- 14 killed in Iraq suicide attack
- Kashmir needs political solution, Omar tells Rajnath