Property of absconding SP MLA attached in UP
Allahabad: Property worth crores of rupees
belonging to an absconding Samajwadi Party MLA, charged under
Gangster Act, has been attached by Uttar Pradesh police.
Vijay Mishra, who represents Gyanpur seat in Bhadohi
district, is wanted in a number of cases including the murder
of a police constable in 2003, a police spokesman said.
Police have attached his two houses -- one in Allahpur
locality here and the other at the MLA`s ancestral village in
Handia tehsil, 30 km from here, and a shopping complex in the
city, he said.
The total value of the attached property is estimated to
be around Rs 6 crore, the spokesman said.
Earlier this year, an FIR was also lodged against Mishra,
who got re-elected to the Vidhan Sabha in 2007, for
orchestrating an attack at an election rally addressed by him
The MLA had, however, alleged that the attack was carried
out at the behest of the ruling BSP.
Though Mishra`s petition seeking a stay on his arrest in
connection with the FIR was dismissed by the Allahabad High
Court, he managed to secure a stay from the Supreme Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Just Awesome! WATCH KL Rahul score incredible ton against West Indies in just 46 balls
- Walking can cut cardiovascular death by half
- When Robert Vadra had verbal spat with BJP MLA Ganesh Joshi over police horse Shaktiman's death - ALL DETAILS HERE
- 'Those provoking youth in Kashmir for Jihaad have kept their children in safe havens'
- SEBI mulling relaxed norms for REITs, InvITs, startups listing