Property of absconding SP MLA attached in UP
Allahabad: Property worth crores of rupees
belonging to an absconding Samajwadi Party MLA, charged under
Gangster Act, has been attached by Uttar Pradesh police.
Vijay Mishra, who represents Gyanpur seat in Bhadohi
district, is wanted in a number of cases including the murder
of a police constable in 2003, a police spokesman said.
Police have attached his two houses -- one in Allahpur
locality here and the other at the MLA`s ancestral village in
Handia tehsil, 30 km from here, and a shopping complex in the
city, he said.
The total value of the attached property is estimated to
be around Rs 6 crore, the spokesman said.
Earlier this year, an FIR was also lodged against Mishra,
who got re-elected to the Vidhan Sabha in 2007, for
orchestrating an attack at an election rally addressed by him
The MLA had, however, alleged that the attack was carried
out at the behest of the ruling BSP.
Though Mishra`s petition seeking a stay on his arrest in
connection with the FIR was dismissed by the Allahabad High
Court, he managed to secure a stay from the Supreme Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Say goodbye to your acidity woes with these ten simple tips!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital