Property of absconding SP MLA attached in UP
Allahabad: Property worth crores of rupees
belonging to an absconding Samajwadi Party MLA, charged under
Gangster Act, has been attached by Uttar Pradesh police.
Vijay Mishra, who represents Gyanpur seat in Bhadohi
district, is wanted in a number of cases including the murder
of a police constable in 2003, a police spokesman said.
Police have attached his two houses -- one in Allahpur
locality here and the other at the MLA`s ancestral village in
Handia tehsil, 30 km from here, and a shopping complex in the
city, he said.
The total value of the attached property is estimated to
be around Rs 6 crore, the spokesman said.
Earlier this year, an FIR was also lodged against Mishra,
who got re-elected to the Vidhan Sabha in 2007, for
orchestrating an attack at an election rally addressed by him
The MLA had, however, alleged that the attack was carried
out at the behest of the ruling BSP.
Though Mishra`s petition seeking a stay on his arrest in
connection with the FIR was dismissed by the Allahabad High
Court, he managed to secure a stay from the Supreme Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you