Property of absconding SP MLA attached in UP
Allahabad: Property worth crores of rupees
belonging to an absconding Samajwadi Party MLA, charged under
Gangster Act, has been attached by Uttar Pradesh police.
Vijay Mishra, who represents Gyanpur seat in Bhadohi
district, is wanted in a number of cases including the murder
of a police constable in 2003, a police spokesman said.
Police have attached his two houses -- one in Allahpur
locality here and the other at the MLA`s ancestral village in
Handia tehsil, 30 km from here, and a shopping complex in the
city, he said.
The total value of the attached property is estimated to
be around Rs 6 crore, the spokesman said.
Earlier this year, an FIR was also lodged against Mishra,
who got re-elected to the Vidhan Sabha in 2007, for
orchestrating an attack at an election rally addressed by him
The MLA had, however, alleged that the attack was carried
out at the behest of the ruling BSP.
Though Mishra`s petition seeking a stay on his arrest in
connection with the FIR was dismissed by the Allahabad High
Court, he managed to secure a stay from the Supreme Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh