Property of absconding SP MLA Sultan Beg to be attached
Lucknow: The process to attach the property of Samajwadi Party (SP) legislator Sultan Beg, who has been absconding after being booked for allegedly running a truck-lifters` gang, has been initiated, police said Tuesday.
Beg is a legislator from Kanwar Assembly constituency in Bareilly district, some 200 km from state capital Lucknow.
"Following the directives of the district court which on Monday declared the MLA an absconder, we initiated the process for attachment of his movable and immovable property," Bareilly Superintendent of Police (Rural) Vijay Gautam told reporters.
"A non-bailable warrant has been issued against Beg. An FIR was filed against him on January 17 for running the truck-lifters` gang," he said.
To nab Beg, police are carrying out searches in VIP guest houses and prominent hotels in Uttar Pradesh, particularly Lucknow.
"We have been tipped off that the MLA is in Lucknow. So, one of our teams is permanently camping in Lucknow to nab him. As Beg`s official residence is in Lucknow, we have also sought assistance from the Lucknow police to arrest him and two of his relatives who are also absconding after the registration of an FIR against them," said Gautam.
Police on January 17 seized four trucks from a Bareilly farmhouse which Beg owns. During the raid, six men were arrested who alleged that the lawmaker and his son-in-law and brother were running the racket.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!