Proposed medical college to be named after freedom-fighter: Akhilesh Yadav
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday announced that the medical college being set up in Saharanpur will be named after freedom fighter and eminent scholar Sheykh al Hind Mahmud al Hasan Madni.
The Chief Minister made this announcement when President of Jamiat Ulema-e-Hind, Maulana Arshad Madni, met him at his official residence here this afternoon.
Akhilesh also said that a four-lane road will also be constructed between Muzaffarnagar and Saharanpur.
On this occasion, Madni said that a demand for naming the university after Mahmud al Hasan Madni was made in past also, and this has been fulfilled today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire