Proposed medical college to be named after freedom-fighter: Akhilesh Yadav
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday announced that the medical college being set up in Saharanpur will be named after freedom fighter and eminent scholar Sheykh al Hind Mahmud al Hasan Madni.
The Chief Minister made this announcement when President of Jamiat Ulema-e-Hind, Maulana Arshad Madni, met him at his official residence here this afternoon.
Akhilesh also said that a four-lane road will also be constructed between Muzaffarnagar and Saharanpur.
On this occasion, Madni said that a demand for naming the university after Mahmud al Hasan Madni was made in past also, and this has been fulfilled today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing