Proposed medical college to be named after freedom-fighter: Akhilesh Yadav
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday announced that the medical college being set up in Saharanpur will be named after freedom fighter and eminent scholar Sheykh al Hind Mahmud al Hasan Madni.
The Chief Minister made this announcement when President of Jamiat Ulema-e-Hind, Maulana Arshad Madni, met him at his official residence here this afternoon.
Akhilesh also said that a four-lane road will also be constructed between Muzaffarnagar and Saharanpur.
On this occasion, Madni said that a demand for naming the university after Mahmud al Hasan Madni was made in past also, and this has been fulfilled today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Bid rivals set to join forces for Tata Steel UK buyout: Report
- PM Narendra Modi calls for country to move towards cashless society
- Coach appointment will take another couple of months: Sourav Ganguly
- Virat Kolhi's purple patch can only benefit Indian cricket: Ravi Shastri
- David Cameron warns Brexit would drive up food prices in UK