Proposed medical college to be named after freedom-fighter: Akhilesh Yadav
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday announced that the medical college being set up in Saharanpur will be named after freedom fighter and eminent scholar Sheykh al Hind Mahmud al Hasan Madni.
The Chief Minister made this announcement when President of Jamiat Ulema-e-Hind, Maulana Arshad Madni, met him at his official residence here this afternoon.
Akhilesh also said that a four-lane road will also be constructed between Muzaffarnagar and Saharanpur.
On this occasion, Madni said that a demand for naming the university after Mahmud al Hasan Madni was made in past also, and this has been fulfilled today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- Rio Olympics medallist Sakshi Malik to tie the knot soon: Report
- MPCA to decide on holding elections in Monday's AGM
- The solar system is home to millions of Jupiter-like planets, reveals NASA!
- Force India move up to fourth after strong finish in Belgium
- If Kashmir issue is not resolved under Modi, it will never be resolved: Mehbooba