Proposed medical college to be named after freedom-fighter: Akhilesh Yadav
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday announced that the medical college being set up in Saharanpur will be named after freedom fighter and eminent scholar Sheykh al Hind Mahmud al Hasan Madni.
The Chief Minister made this announcement when President of Jamiat Ulema-e-Hind, Maulana Arshad Madni, met him at his official residence here this afternoon.
Akhilesh also said that a four-lane road will also be constructed between Muzaffarnagar and Saharanpur.
On this occasion, Madni said that a demand for naming the university after Mahmud al Hasan Madni was made in past also, and this has been fulfilled today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users