Protect employees who are defying strike, UP govt to police
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh government on Monday directed district police chiefs to ensure safety of all the government employees willing to defy the call for strike tomorrow by unions demanding better salary and pension.
"Special instructions have been given to all the SSPs that no one be allowed to create hurdles in way of employees who want to continue their official duty amidst the strike call by some groups," IG, Law and Order, RK Vishwakarma said.
He said action will be taken against those stopping employees from continuing their duty.
The officer said police would also shoot videos of the proposed motorcycle demonstration.
"Stern action will be taken against anyone damaging public property or causing disturbance," the IG said.
The employees union, demanding removal of "anomalies" in salary and allowances have given a strike call after several rounds of talks with the state government in this regard failed.
Around 60 per cent of the 18 lakh state workforce is likely to take part in the strike.
"We have been pressing for our demands for a long time but nothing has happened... We have been left with no option but to proceed on strike," employees leader Hari Kishore Tiwari said.
He said that the new organisation consisting of Rajya Karamchari Sanyukt Parishad and Rajya Karamchari Mahasangh will lead the strike.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- None of your concern, says Indian Army after China's warning over deployment of BrahMos missile in Arunachal
- PHOTOS: BRUTAL! Randy Orton receives 10 staples after Brock Lesnar's assault at SummerSlam
- Army Chief Gen Dalbir Singh Suhag appeals for peace in Kashmir
- Start dialogue process for peace in Kashmir, Ghulam Nabi Azad tells government
- Preggers Kareena Kapoor Khan to be Sabyasachi's showstopper at LFW finale?