Protest against BJP leader Kalraj`s nomination from Deoria
Deoria: Followers of former BJP state unit president Surya Pratap Shahi on Sunday burnt an effigy of party`s national president Rajnath Singh for denying the former a ticket from the Deoria Lok Sabha constituency in eastern Uttar Pradesh.
The BJP had, in its candidates` list released yesterday, nominated senior party leader Kalraj Mishra from Deoria.
A group of Shahi`s supporters gathered at Pathardewa Bazaar here this morning and burnt an effigy of Singh and raised slogans against him.
Asked about reports in some news channels that Shahi might contest the Lok Sabha elections from Deoria as an Independent, his spokesperson Pankaj Singh denied it and said "some persons were trying to defame him". "There is no such move," the spokesperson added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack