Protest against BJP leader Kalraj`s nomination from Deoria
Deoria: Followers of former BJP state unit president Surya Pratap Shahi on Sunday burnt an effigy of party`s national president Rajnath Singh for denying the former a ticket from the Deoria Lok Sabha constituency in eastern Uttar Pradesh.
The BJP had, in its candidates` list released yesterday, nominated senior party leader Kalraj Mishra from Deoria.
A group of Shahi`s supporters gathered at Pathardewa Bazaar here this morning and burnt an effigy of Singh and raised slogans against him.
Asked about reports in some news channels that Shahi might contest the Lok Sabha elections from Deoria as an Independent, his spokesperson Pankaj Singh denied it and said "some persons were trying to defame him". "There is no such move," the spokesperson added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE