Protest against quota in promotions at national level
Lucknow: An organisation spearheading the protest against quota in promotions in Uttar Pradesh on Friday announced launching of an agitation at the national level soon.
"After the conclusion of the Monsoon Session of Parliament today, the Samiti would work out its plan to launch an agitation against quota in promotions at the national level," Shailendra Dubey, president of the Sarvjan Hitai Sanrakshan Samiti, said.
Claiming to have the support of state government employees for the ongoing agitation, Dubey said that after the Samajwadi Party, Shiv Sena and the DMK, Forward Block has also extended its support and its state president Raj Kishore addressed the protest meeting here.
Dubey said that teachers and bank employees unions have also given open support to the protests against quota in promotions and its leaders attended today`s meetings.
Asserting that the move would damage the basic structure of the constitution and is a violation of the right to equality, Dubey exhorted political parties to include the issue in their respective election manifestos and move ahead only after getting the views of the people.
Dubey claimed that 18 lakh employees affiliated with the samiti, barring those involved in emergency services, remained on strike today and protest meetings and dharnas were staged all over the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands