Protest against quota in promotions at national level
Lucknow: An organisation spearheading the protest against quota in promotions in Uttar Pradesh on Friday announced launching of an agitation at the national level soon.
"After the conclusion of the Monsoon Session of Parliament today, the Samiti would work out its plan to launch an agitation against quota in promotions at the national level," Shailendra Dubey, president of the Sarvjan Hitai Sanrakshan Samiti, said.
Claiming to have the support of state government employees for the ongoing agitation, Dubey said that after the Samajwadi Party, Shiv Sena and the DMK, Forward Block has also extended its support and its state president Raj Kishore addressed the protest meeting here.
Dubey said that teachers and bank employees unions have also given open support to the protests against quota in promotions and its leaders attended today`s meetings.
Asserting that the move would damage the basic structure of the constitution and is a violation of the right to equality, Dubey exhorted political parties to include the issue in their respective election manifestos and move ahead only after getting the views of the people.
Dubey claimed that 18 lakh employees affiliated with the samiti, barring those involved in emergency services, remained on strike today and protest meetings and dharnas were staged all over the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read