Protest against quota in promotions at national level
Lucknow: An organisation spearheading the protest against quota in promotions in Uttar Pradesh on Friday announced launching of an agitation at the national level soon.
"After the conclusion of the Monsoon Session of Parliament today, the Samiti would work out its plan to launch an agitation against quota in promotions at the national level," Shailendra Dubey, president of the Sarvjan Hitai Sanrakshan Samiti, said.
Claiming to have the support of state government employees for the ongoing agitation, Dubey said that after the Samajwadi Party, Shiv Sena and the DMK, Forward Block has also extended its support and its state president Raj Kishore addressed the protest meeting here.
Dubey said that teachers and bank employees unions have also given open support to the protests against quota in promotions and its leaders attended today`s meetings.
Asserting that the move would damage the basic structure of the constitution and is a violation of the right to equality, Dubey exhorted political parties to include the issue in their respective election manifestos and move ahead only after getting the views of the people.
Dubey claimed that 18 lakh employees affiliated with the samiti, barring those involved in emergency services, remained on strike today and protest meetings and dharnas were staged all over the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi