Protest application filed against CBI closure report: Sachan
Lucknow: A protest application was Wedneday filed in a local court here against the closure report filed by CBI in former Deputy CMO of Uttar Pradesh Y S Sachan murder case, alleging that the agency was trying to protect influential people.
Sachidanand Gupta alias Sachche filed the application in the court of special judicial magistrate (CBI) Neelkant Mani Tripathi against the closure report in Sachan murder case.
The court has fixed October 16 as the next date of hearing.
In the application, Gupta alleged that due to political pressure CBI did not conduct a fair inquiry into the case.
"The CBI filed closure report to save influential people," the applicant alleged and demanded that the closure report should be rejected and fresh inquiry be conducted.
CBI had on September 28 filed its closure report in deputy CMO Y S Sachan murder case in the court saying conclusive evidence points to suicide.
The report said during the investigation no evidence has come on record indicating death of Dr Y S Sachan in jail on June 22, 2011, to be a homicide.
Further, no evidence pointing towards presence of a second person in the toilet at first floor of jail hospital has come forth during the investigation, it said.
The evidence collected during investigation, including statements of witnesses and expert opinions all indicate that Sachan had committed suicide, it said.
The opinion of the AIIMS doctors said that the cause of death in case of Sachan was due to hanging associated with multiple suicidal wounds in support by the oral as well as documentary evidences, which came on record during probe, the closure report said.
In its 120-page closure report, CBI said evidence had come on record regarding acts of omission and commission on part of the then warden Pahendra Singh and head warden Baburam Dubey for failing to do actual head count of inmates and to maintain correct entries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened