Protest over student`s death turns violent in UP
Ghaziabad: Students protesting the death of a second year BCA student went on a rampage at their private institute, smashing window panes of five cars besides blocking an arterial road in Ghaziabad.
The students of ITS Management institute were protesting the death of their fellow college mate, Vikrant Tyagi, whom they claimed died yesterday due to nervous breakdown after teachers admonished him a day before for posting comments about a girl on networking site Facebook.
They alleged that officials of the institute made no efforts to take Vikrant to hospital even after his health deteriorated rapidly.
Angered by the incident, the students went berserk inside the campus where they smashed flower pots, broke window panes of the classrooms and five cars there. Police took control of the situation and pushed the agitating students outside the campus.
The students then took over to the street and blockaded the busy G T Road for over an hour. They demanded that a police case be registered against the two teachers who admonished Vikrant besides five other faculty members.
Meanwhile, secretary at ITS college Bharat Bhushan Arora said the entire course fees paid for the deceased will be returned to the family.
He also said said the institute is ready to help the affected family in all possible ways.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered