Protest rally turns violent in Faizabad
Faizabad: A bandh called by VHP and Shiv Sena to protest against the theft of ancient idols here took a violent turn when some of the protesters resorted to stone-pelting and ransacked some shops.
The activists were demanding closer of all shops and business establishment in the commercial area, police said.
Police had to resort to cane-charging to control the situation and heavy police force was also deployed in the commercial area of the city.
Three ancient idols of Devkaali temple in Faizabad city were stolen yesterday, leading to protests and Sunday`s bandh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...