Protest rally turns violent in Faizabad
Faizabad: A bandh called by VHP and Shiv Sena to protest against the theft of ancient idols here took a violent turn when some of the protesters resorted to stone-pelting and ransacked some shops.
The activists were demanding closer of all shops and business establishment in the commercial area, police said.
Police had to resort to cane-charging to control the situation and heavy police force was also deployed in the commercial area of the city.
Three ancient idols of Devkaali temple in Faizabad city were stolen yesterday, leading to protests and Sunday`s bandh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Superstar Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' hits screens; fans disappointed as tickets sold out
- Curfew continues across Kashmir Valley as separatists extend shutdown till Monday
- France committed to leading Israel-Palestine talks: Hollande
- US sues Pennsylvania town for ban on building mosque
- Turkey temporarily suspends human rights convention after failed coup