Protest rally turns violent in Faizabad
Faizabad: A bandh called by VHP and Shiv Sena to protest against the theft of ancient idols here took a violent turn when some of the protesters resorted to stone-pelting and ransacked some shops.
The activists were demanding closer of all shops and business establishment in the commercial area, police said.
Police had to resort to cane-charging to control the situation and heavy police force was also deployed in the commercial area of the city.
Three ancient idols of Devkaali temple in Faizabad city were stolen yesterday, leading to protests and Sunday`s bandh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed