Protest rally turns violent in Faizabad
Faizabad: A bandh called by VHP and Shiv Sena to protest against the theft of ancient idols here took a violent turn when some of the protesters resorted to stone-pelting and ransacked some shops.
The activists were demanding closer of all shops and business establishment in the commercial area, police said.
Police had to resort to cane-charging to control the situation and heavy police force was also deployed in the commercial area of the city.
Three ancient idols of Devkaali temple in Faizabad city were stolen yesterday, leading to protests and Sunday`s bandh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH